Earthworm 7.11: MySQL or MariaDB? Which is being used by ISTI?

jona...@ntu.edu.sg

Jan 25, 2023, 8:51:16 PM1/25/23
to Earthworm Community Forum
Hi Earthworm team,

A few years ago, MariaDB branched off from MySQL. Initially, they were pretty much identical. But now in 2023, maybe there could be more and more differences between them. Since we have the opportunity to start with a new server, I'm wondering which to go with for maximum compatibility with Earthworm and Winston.

Which one does ISTI use? MySQL or MariaDB? We would very much like to use the same one you use for maximum confidence and minimum worries.

Thanks,
Jonah

Paul Friberg

Jan 26, 2023, 7:18:35 AM1/26/23
to earthwo...@googlegroups.com

Good question!

We have switched to using MariaDB.

Paul

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/earthworm_forum/57377551-e290-4edd-8cfa-389377d7d19cn%40googlegroups.com.

--
===================================
Paul Friberg   p.fr...@isti.com

Jonah Yong Chin Siong

Jan 26, 2023, 9:48:13 PM1/26/23
to earthwo...@googlegroups.com, Dannie Hidayat (Dr), Pyae Sone Aung

Thanks, Paul.

In this case, we shall also use MariaDB.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/earthworm_forum/CALsXm6Wa25yDr7rK3TED1Mq2Rj1KWyyWvgCLh-%2BxnUFOzkrKLw%40mail.gmail.com.

CONFIDENTIALITY: This email is intended solely for the person(s) named and may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it, notify us and do not copy, use, or disclose its contents.
Towards a sustainable earth: Print only when necessary. Thank you.

Guillermo Diaz de Cossio

Sep 7, 2023, 3:55:20 PM9/7/23
to earthwo...@googlegroups.com
At Cicese we have installed and running Mysql (Ubuntu) and MariaDB (Centos). Winston + Mysql we had some problems that we resolved increasing the RAM memory on the server. For MariDB, it was installed on a virtual server, a lot of memory and disk space to support 30 days of data.

Guillermo