SNW Usage Level

Nicholas Novoa, CDWR

Oct 20, 2020, 6:18:42 PM10/20/20
to Earthworm Community Forum
Hi All,
Two of my stations in SeisNetWatch continually change usage levels between Full and Evaluation. I'm not sure why this is happening. Can the usage level be specified in a config file somewhere?

Thanks for the help.

Paul Friberg

Oct 22, 2020, 10:25:39 PM10/22/20
to Earthworm Community Forum
Hi Nick,

The SeisNetWatch seismic network monitoring tool is not really just for Earthworm, although it works great with that.. If the stations change UsageLevel that is due to a misconfig in one of the scripts that feeds the data to the SNW server and should be an easy fix.

Look to the ruleset.ini, find out what the FULL usage level number is and make sure that both the ewagent.py and the shell script that feeds the EW status values both use that number. I suspect that one is using a different value...

Best,

Paul

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/earthworm_forum/4753a57a-5ba6-4489-afec-ffa8c4c1dca4n%40googlegroups.com.

--
===================================
Paul Friberg   p.fr...@isti.com

Nicholas Novoa

Oct 26, 2020, 3:27:10 PM10/26/20
to earthwo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Paul!
I was able to track down the problem in one of the .c files for the sohtbuf2snw module.

Thanks for the assistance.

-Nick

Meremonte, Mark E

Sep 9, 2021, 10:31:52 AM9/9/21
to earthwo...@googlegroups.com
Dear Forum,

I am referring to an October 2020 question about SNW and use of "sohtbuf2snw" module .   Where is this module located or available?

Want to begin utilizing SOH packets from RT-130S & GEObit and other instruments to be managed by SNW.   I tried to implement the default info found in "ruleset.ini" for these instruments but not sure if the SOH packets are being passed properly to SNW.

Best, Mark

Mark Meremonte    Geophysicist
US Bureau of Reclamation   http://www.usbr.gov
Technical Services Center, Seismology & Geomorphology Group
Denver Federal Center,  PO Box 25007, 85-833000, Denver, CO  80225
Sep 22, 2021, 1:14:19 PM9/22/21
to Earthworm Community Forum
Hi Mark,
Sorry for the late reply. The sohtbuf2snw module is part of the Earthworm developer Contrib package. There is an old file on the earthwormcentral distribution webpage that contains some modules, but it doesn't look like it has been updated since 2012 and doesn't have the sohtbuf2snw module. You can still download the most recent version of the Contrib package from the subversion site:  svn://svn.isti.com/Contrib. The module is in the Menlo contribution folder.

-Nick