Statmgr messages

Bob Hammond

Jul 13, 2022, 9:15:43 AM7/13/22
to earthwo...@googlegroups.com
I am getting the following messages from statmgr and don't know why they are showing up.  Here's what I do know:

inst 255 is Installation   INST_UNKNOWN     255
mod 131 is STARTSTOP
mod 151 is SHARKSEND_A
mod 154 is EW2RINGSERVER

I am using INST_UNKNOWN.

SHARKSEND_A is the digitizer sending module.

I have .desc files in statmgr.d for the above modules

EW is running correctly.  I just don't know why these messages are appearing.

UTC_Wed Jul 13 13:03:37 2022  Shark/statmgr msg from unknown module  (statmgr doesn't have a .desc file for this one) inst:255 mod:154 typ:3
UTC_Wed Jul 13 13:03:40 2022  Shark/statmgr msg from unknown module  (statmgr doesn't have a .desc file for this one) inst:255 mod:151 typ:3
UTC_Wed Jul 13 13:03:53 2022  Shark/statmgr msg from unknown module  (statmgr doesn't have a .desc file for this one) inst:255 mod:131 typ:3

Any thoughts?

Bob

Dietz, Lynn D

Jul 13, 2022, 2:24:22 PM7/13/22
to earthwo...@googlegroups.com
Did you try starting statmgr on command line to see if it spits out any other interesting/useful messages?
Might the modules ant statmgr somehow reading different earthworm.d files (ie, have different ideas of what  module number SHARKSEND_A, etc, map to?)

Jul 15, 2022, 10:54:49 PM7/15/22
to earthwo...@googlegroups.com
Can you send the .desc file for SHARKSEND_A ?

--

*To follow ISTI news and updates please subscribe to our newsletter
"the isti letter" at  https://www.isti.com/newsletter-sign-up

Bob Hammond

Jul 16, 2022, 3:39:07 PM7/16/22
to earthwo...@googlegroups.com
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/earthworm_forum/1ff82e55-5175-d649-2a1f-f892e2f5b3d8%40isti.com.
sharksend_A.desc

Stefan Lisowski

Jul 18, 2022, 1:34:02 PM7/18/22
to earthwo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks; that doesn't have any obvious issues; what did the output look like when you tried Lynn's suggestion?

stopmodule <process id for statmgr>
cd $EW_PARAMS
statmgr statmgr.d

To follow ISTI news and updates please subscribe to our newsletter "the isti letter" at  https://www.isti.com/newsletter-sign-up.

Bob Hammond

Jul 19, 2022, 8:32:03 PM7/19/22
to earthwo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lynn,

I'm not sure how to run statmgr from the command line as I've never done it.  Can you educate me please?