New module: trig2swarm

Victor Preatoni

Oct 21, 2022, 12:09:00 PM10/21/22
to Earthworm Community Forum
Hi,

I would like to contribute with a new module: trig2swarm. It is mainly based on Pete Lombard's ew2file module:

We find the Carl's modules very useful to quickly identify possible events. As we mainly work with Swarm, we wanted to convert those triggers to Swarm tag format.

So this module will parse TYPE_TRIGLIST_SCNL messages, and generate a Swarm CSV tag file accordingly.

Then, in Swarm, you can just open the CSV file and focus on triggers:

GpIsDyVVm0LNbGyP.png

Paul Friberg

Oct 22, 2022, 1:23:52 PM10/22/22
to Earthworm Community Forum
Very cool! Would also be cool if it could recognize PICK messages too and tag those. Please send me directly your gitlab.com account and I can add you as a developer to the Earthworm git repo.

Paul

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/earthworm_forum/6c5767eb-cb54-44de-adcb-327cdf689284n%40googlegroups.com.

Victor Preatoni

Oct 23, 2022, 7:59:08 PM10/23/22
to Earthworm Community Forum
Hi Paul, thanks!
Yes, pick2swarm will be next step. We are optimizing pick_FP and we want to show those picks on Swarm so analysts can compare between automatic and manual picking methods.

Our gitlab user is: https://gitlab.com/oavv/

Victor Preatoni

Nov 10, 2022, 9:20:09 AM11/10/22
to Earthworm Community Forum
Hi,
this is the pick2swarm version: https://gitlab.com/oavv/pick2swarm

Basically, reads TYPE_PICK_SCNL from a ring, and creates a Swarm tag file.

Hope someone else finds it useful for tuning those pickers!.