FIR SCNL issues ?

Steve Shuff

Jan 7, 2023, 12:12:21 PM1/7/23
to earthwo...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
I would like to know if I would run into problems if that, within the FIR module I
keep the in SCNL the same as the out SCNL but send the FIR out to a separate ring.
My configuration is as follows,
Edata2ew collects 3  data channels  and stuffs them into Wave_Ring, FIR then takes the 3 channels from Wave_Ring and outputs the data into Out_Ring, the three SCNL remain the same.
EW2heli generates the gifs from the Out_Ring and Carlsta watches this ring, the out of Carlsta goes into Pick_Ring  where Carlsubtrig  and Trig2disk do their thing.
Can this setup have issues and is there a better way of doing this. Thanks..

El Berto

Jan 9, 2023, 4:08:42 AM1/9/23
to Earthworm Community Forum
It shouldn't give you issues: on Earthworm documentation about fir configuration file example, it's reported same SCNL for both rings.

Steve Shuff

Jan 9, 2023, 5:24:13 AM1/9/23
to earthwo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Berto
That's what I thought. My pondering was  regarding the waverings, would I need to declare more Tanks ? and how would this work when using an identical SCNL ?
It is set up and running and I do get triggers  , so I assume it must be all ok .
Thanks  for your reply.

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/earthworm_forum/6b48850f-1433-486d-bb6c-48ce93bf4b7en%40googlegroups.com.

--
Steve Shuff.

El Berto

Jan 9, 2023, 8:19:23 AM1/9/23
to Earthworm Community Forum
If you mean more than 1 ring inside startstop_unix.d.... yes, you need two rings (and take care to update nrings to 2).