Streaming SOH channels to WWS

Nicholas Novoa, CDWR

Jul 12, 2022, 6:58:23 PM7/12/22
to Earthworm Community Forum
Hi All,
I currently have a number of Kinemetrics instruments in the field and am using the slink2ew module to collect the data, including the SOH channels. I am saving the SOH channels to our Winston Wave Server the same as the regular acceleration data, but can't seem to get the data to show up in Swarm or using the Winston web interface. Is there some additional step I need to do in order to access the SOH data in the Winston Wave Server? I've confirmed the channels are there with getmenu and data is being saved. Thanks for the help.

Victor Preatoni

Jul 14, 2022, 10:02:55 AM7/14/22
to Earthworm Community Forum
Hi Nicholas,

How did you manage to get SOH data to Winston? What's your slink2ew.d configuration?.
I am trying to achieve the same with Guralp digitizers.

Regarding reading SOH data, I don't think Swarm or Winston web interface will support it, but once you have the data on your SQL database, you can write some script to access it.

Thanks
Victor

Paul Friberg

Jul 15, 2022, 2:12:22 PM7/15/22
to Earthworm Community Forum
Swarm traditionally had problems with very low latency sample rates (lower than 1Hz) as that is rare to non-existant in Volcano seismology....so it is probably just a factor of SWARM's inability to display it.

Paul

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/earthworm_forum?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Earthworm Community Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/earthworm_forum/52019da6-0e9e-4d3a-a5b6-b912fb8f1f7an%40googlegroups.com.

--
===================================
Paul Friberg   p.fr...@isti.com

Nicholas Novoa, CDWR

Jul 28, 2022, 7:05:36 PM7/28/22
to Earthworm Community Forum
Hi Victor,
There is no special config for slink2ew, just make sure you have selectors commented out so you are receiving all channels from the digitizer. I am not really that familiar with Guralp's digitizers, but for some reason I thought they don't have an option to write their SOH data to the seedlink server. I know on the Kinemetrics Rock+ instrument you have to install RocktoSlink module and enable the SOH channels.

-Nick

Nicholas Novoa, CDWR

Sep 6, 2022, 5:48:38 PM9/6/22
to Earthworm Community Forum
Hi Victor,
Just to follow-up on this, I was recently talking to Guralp about their digitizers. They told me the Minimus is capable of sending data from the SOH channels as miniSEED packets. I am not sure what configs you have to do on Minimus to produce these and stream them vi seedlink though.

-Nick

Victor Preatoni

Sep 13, 2022, 10:47:00 AM9/13/22
to Earthworm Community Forum
Hi Nicholas,

I've been able to output SOH from Guralp EAM connected to 3T sensor.
Mainly, the SOH channel has to be configured on the Mini-SEED compressor instance:
Screenshot_20220913_113802.png
So, the SOH will be mapped to SCNL SSSS.SOH.NN.00 . I was able to get the message with slink2ew module, but the module will discard it, as it comes tagged with a 0Hz sample rate. slink2ew will output a message like this:
slink2ew: skipping MSRecord. samprate == 0.0

Thanks,
Victor