Big News from Victoria, Australia

Frank de Jong

Oct 11, 2021, 9:48:10 PM10/11/21
to Earthsharing Canada Google Group

Having trouble reading this newsletter? View it online.

Dear Frank,

Rezoning windfalls tax to be debated in Parliament!

The Victorian Government has announced it will introduce a tax on rezoning windfalls, something Prosper Australia has been calling for over many years.

If it passes through parliament, it will mean the Victorian community benefits from any zoning changes, not just private landholders and developers. It is also a win for integrity.

HOWEVER - it's not a done deal yet!

If you live in Victoria, you can contact your "Region" representatives (MLCs) and let them know you support taxing rezoning windfalls. Especially if any of them sit on the Cross-Bench (Independent, Green, Reason).

FIND YOUR REGION

You can also share our explainer video on Facebook or Twitter, about what the rezoning windfall gains tax could achieve.

And read our full Briefing Note to policy makers.

The Government has taken on board many of our suggestions, such as limiting deferral of the tax, minimal deductions and the inclusion of most residential and vacant land.

However we will continue to pressure them to include exisiting residential homes, use market indexation rates for deferrals and limit deferrals further (4 years instead of 30).

Thanks for all your support!

Stay safe,

Prosper Australia

CONNECT

DONATE

Together we can create a just and fair society. Your tax-deductible gift will spur our research and advocacy.
Prosper Australia
Level 1
64 Harcourt St.
North Melbourne, VIC 3051
Australia
This email was sent to fde...@earthsharing.ca.
 You can
unsubscribe here.

Polito

Oct 11, 2021, 11:31:58 PM10/11/21
to earthshar...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Frank - great item!! Let us hope it happens.

Salus populi suprema lex - the welfare of the people shall be the supreme law"

lally.paraic

Oct 12, 2021, 7:17:20 AM10/12/21
to earthshar...@googlegroups.com
Frank,

How does LVT work in a police state? Just wondering given what's happening in Victoria.

Hope all is well

Paraic

Sent from my Galaxy

Frank de Jong

Oct 12, 2021, 9:00:10 AM10/12/21
to Earthsharing Canada Google Group

Paraic Lally

Oct 12, 2021, 10:28:49 AM10/12/21
to earthshar...@googlegroups.com

Frank

That’s an example. The stories I have been reading are horrific. This thing has gotten completely out of hand. So much for the unalienable rights of the people.