Rethinking Education

Stuart Scott

Sep 9, 2022, 9:49:33 AM9/9/22
to EAL-Bilingual
I have now found the direct website for this conference.
It's tempting. especially the offer of organised mingling.
Collaborative Learning Project. A teacher network sharing talk for learning resources.
17 Barford Street, London N1 0QB 44 207 226 8885

Diane Leedham

Sep 9, 2022, 10:33:48 AM9/9/22
to Stuart Scott, EAL-Bilingual
Thank you, Stuart.

It’s always helpful to investigate an organisation/website/Conference narrative in more depth in order to make informed personal decisions.

But I hope the similarity in name doesn’t lead to anybody confusing this group with Rethinking Schools, another activist grassroots organisation. It’s too far away to go to their events, sadly, but the Rethinking Schools journal/publications and website are highly recommended nevertheless.  They extensively include multilingualism and social justice in their work - primarily in the US context admittedly.

Best wishes

Di Leedham

On 9 Sep 2022, at 14:49, Stuart Scott <stuart...@collaborativelearning.org> wrote:

--
This group is managed by NALDIC, the UK's EAL Professional Association. Please visit our website for further information: www.naldic.org.uk. Twitter: @EAL_naldic. NALDIC's Privacy Policy | https://naldic.org.uk/privacy-policy

National Association for Language Development in the Curriculum
A Registered Charity and Company Limited by Guarantee in England and Wales. Charity No 1110570. Company No 05159760
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "EAL-Bilingual" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/eal-bilingual/CAEp7rSmhXzPafEmHq86yWR8D7NqygSLx6%3DaR8FPUcpKcoTQ4Dw%40mail.gmail.com.

Stuart Scott

Sep 9, 2022, 12:48:38 PM9/9/22
to Diane Leedham, EAL-Bilingual
I've delved deeper and noticed that they have now published the full programme for the day on their site.  They are running an online version (simultaneously?) which only asks for a small donation so if you are miles from Deptford you can participate.
Enjoy your weekend,
Stuart