Cannot play sounds!

Zhenguang Cai

Sep 24, 2014, 12:48:38 PM9/24/14
to e-p...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have previously play sound files a lot, but today I tried to used SoundOut but cannot load my sound files. EPrime gave me the following error message:

Run-time Error (Line 505)
1234: Unable to load sound 205

In the "Advisor", it also said:

The "WordS" object uses an [attribute] reference for its Filename property and the resolved value cannot be found on disk.

This is puzzling because I used [WordS].wav as the filename in SoundOut and all the sound files are at the same directory as the script and are wav 16 bit 44.1 kz stereo (see attached).

More interestingly, I tried my previous EPrime scripts (which worked before) and they did not work with the current version of EPrime (2.0.10 ...).

I read the following post but could not figure out what it means! http://www.pstnet.com/support/kb.asp?TopicID=3299

Thanks for any advice.

Zhenguang Cai
A_bangs.wav

Zhenguang Cai

Sep 25, 2014, 6:57:57 AM9/25/14
to e-p...@googlegroups.com
I tried the script with a different computer and it worked. So the problem seems to be due to my laptop (Win 7).

David Vinson

Sep 25, 2014, 7:10:07 AM9/25/14
to e-p...@googlegroups.com
Weird - do you have some atypical sound devices installed, or any custom audio/video software (any additional codecs can be "absorbed" by E-Prime and influence behaviour).

Sometimes I found these problems solved themselves if I uninstalled E-Prime completely, set up a different user account and then reinstalled E-Prime, running it only in that stripped down account.

You could get our departmental IT support to check it out, they do have some experience helping with E-Prime installs..

-d

On 25/09/2014 11:57, Zhenguang Cai wrote:
I tried the script with a different computer and it worked. So the problem seems to be due to my laptop (Win 7).

David Vinson, Ph.D.
Institute for Multimodal Communication
http://institute-for-multimodal-communication.org
Department of Experimental Psychology
University College London
26 Bedford Way, London WC1H 0AP
Tel +44 (0)20 7679 5311  (UCL internal ext. 25311)

Out now: Royal Society Theme issue
"Language as a multimodal phenomenon"
http://rstb.royalsocietypublishing.org/site/2014/multimodal.xhtml