time_limit option in dsCalcPower

Wei, Jingjin

May 8, 2019, 10:34:51 AM5/8/19
to DynaSim Users
Hi all,

I find that setting different range with the option time_limit in dsCalcPower doesn't seem to change the result at all. By result I mean in SUA but in my test I only have one cell. I look into the function file, it seems that it should make a difference. Can anybody confirm?
(In my test I change the in put at different period of time, so the result should be different if time_limit is set differently.)

Best,
Jingjin

Wei, Jingjin

May 8, 2019, 10:41:24 AM5/8/19
to DynaSim Users
Never mind, my bad, there was something  I missed.

Best,
Jingjin

May 8, 2019, 10:41:28 AM5/8/19
to Wei, Jingjin, DynaSim Users
I'm not sure the "time_limit" option works anywhere. I tried it for plotting both rastergrams and power spectra and it never seemed to activate.

If you're only doing one cell (and therefore one population), it may be easier to write your own power analysis/plotting function. Much of the code in dsPlot at least is for dealing with visualizing many different time series simultaneously, which doesn't apply to your case.

--
Austin E Soplata
Doctoral Candidate in Computational Neuroscience,

Jason Sherfey

May 8, 2019, 10:44:09 AM5/8/19
to Austin Soplata, Wei, Jingjin, DynaSim Users
I can't confirm that right now, but I do have a workaround if that's the case. You can use dsSelect to restrict the time limits before passing the data to any other function.

E.g.)
dat = dsSelect(data,'time_limits',[0 400]);
dsPlot(dat);

I'll make an issue on GitHub to look into this and fix it if it isn't working.