Warning: File '.lock_20190706105733336_10000000' not found.

1 view

Wei, Jingjin

Jul 6, 2019, 11:21:42 AM7/6/19
to DynaSim Users
Hi all,

When trying to submit the job to cluster, in "Copying mech files into 'study_dir/solve/mechs'... " step, after waiting for a long time there is a warning:
Warning: File '.lock_20190706105733336_10000000' not found.
> In dsStudyinfoIO (line 220)
  In dsCheckStudyinfo (line 124)
  In dsMonitorStudy (line 34)
  In dsCreateBatch (line 95)
  In dsSimulate (line 606)

And the whole compilation comes to a halt after that. I checked studydir, ".lock_20190706105733336_10000000" is a hidden empty file in the directory, all the mech files are already copied into solve/mech, studyinfo.mat already there, no params.mat or mex files.

 Anybody knows what's the possible cause? Thanks!

Jingjin

Wei, Jingjin

Jul 6, 2019, 11:29:00 AM7/6/19
to DynaSim Users
Never mind it's about using another matlab version...

Jingjin

Jul 6, 2019, 12:06:08 PM7/6/19
to Wei, Jingjin, DynaSim Users
also use dsRemoveLockFiles to clear those out automatically

Wei, Jingjin

Nov 13, 2019, 12:23:30 PM11/13/19
to Erik Roberts, DynaSim Users
Hi Erik,

I've got into the same error now. This time the version is right, there is enough disk space, I am not sure what happened. I tried both 2018a and 2018b and neither worked. I tested a code that ran successfully a few days ago, which runs fine locally but can't be submitted to the cluster because of this. Running dsRemoveLockFiles doesn't seem to work, it runs without giving any error though.
Any idea what's going on?

Best,
Jingjin

Nov 13, 2019, 12:42:20 PM11/13/19
to Wei, Jingjin, Erik Roberts, DynaSim Users
Try removing the "solve" directory in study_dir and running the simulation again.

Wei, Jingjin

Nov 13, 2019, 1:03:45 PM11/13/19
to Jason Sherfey, Erik Roberts, DynaSim Users
Hi Jason,

Sadly that didn't solve the problem. I tried to delete the whole study_dir, still got this lock file error. Mex flag doesn't matter either. I am contacting ithelp to see if this is because of some project management and CPU usage issue. Let me know if there is anything else you can think of.

Best,
Jingjin