Possible to configure maximum embargo length?

Gail Steinhart

Mar 23, 2021, 11:15:52 AM3/23/21
to dspac...@googlegroups.com

Greetings,

We are considering implementing embargoes in the user submission interface (simple, UploadWithEmbargoStep). I am wondering if it is possible to configure a maximum embargo length, say two years from current date? We don’t want submitters setting 100 year embargoes. I don’t see anything in the documentation that tells me this is possible, but wanted to check.

Thank you,

Gail

Gail Steinhart

Open Scholarship Services Librarian

Cornell University Library Information Technology

218 Olin Library | 607.255.7251

https://orcid.org/0000-0002-2441-1651 | @gailst

she/her

tant...@umn.edu

Jun 6, 2023, 11:18:15 AM6/6/23
to DSpace Technical Support
I would like to resurrect this question from a couple years ago.

Is there a way to do this in DSpace 7.5?  We would like to enforce a policy such that embargoes can be set for no more than two years.
Thanks,
~~Bill

Mohammad S. AlMutairi

Jun 6, 2023, 11:50:47 AM6/6/23
to DSpace Technical Support
Check line no. 38 in [dspace]/config/spring/api/access-conditions.xml

Bill Tantzen

Jun 6, 2023, 12:05:15 PM6/6/23
to Mohammad S. AlMutairi, DSpace Technical Support
That's it!  Perfect, thank you.
~~Bill

Human wheels spin round and round
While the clock keeps the pace... -- John Mellencamp
Bill Tantzen    University of Minnesota Libraries
612-626-9949 (U of M)    612-325-1777 (cell)