DOI trouble

Bolette Ammitzbøll Jurik

May 5, 2020, 4:55:45 AM5/5/20
to dspac...@googlegroups.com

Dear all

The short question is:

Can I somehow delete the doi-organiser list?

The long version is:

At some point our DSpace repository stopped assigning DOIs from datacite automatically. We don't know exactly when. We upgraded our repository to DSpace 6.3, and it might have been then.

I found out that somehow the URLs had not been registered correctly with DataCite. I then found out that I could register them directly with this command

curl -H "Content-Type:text/plain;charset=UTF-8" -X PUT --user $USER:$PASSWD -d "$(printf 'doi=$DOI\nurl=https://loar.kb.dk/handle/$HANDLE')" https://mds.datacite.org/doi/$DOI -i
Using doi-organiser -list I could get the handles and DOIs, and update them on DataCite.

I then used metadata-export to export the metadata as a csv file and I then added the DOIs to the scv file and imported the new metadata using metadata-import.

I don't want to do this for all new items. I would really like for DSpace to do this automatically from now on. I think clearing the doi-organiser list could reset the doi status inside DSpace, so that is my question. Can I do this? Or is there perhaps another way to get DSpace to assign DOIs from DataCite automatically again?

Kind regards

Bolette