DSpace 7.6 after adding ssl certificate getting error 500

Sanganika

Nov 17, 2023, 7:24:24 AM11/17/23
to DSpace Technical Support
Hello,
I am configuring ssl certificate in my DSpace 7.6 using Nginx. After configuration i am getting error 500 on my domain name, but my domain-name/server is working perfectly fine.
Front End SS-
Screenshot from 2023-11-17 16-36-31.png
Log Error:-
Screenshot from 2023-11-17 16-38-05(1).jpg

DSpace Technical Support

Nov 27, 2023, 4:09:01 PM11/27/23
to DSpace Technical Support
Hi,

500 errors are often the sign of a misconfiguration or a communication issue between the frontend & backend.  See our "Common Installation Issues" section: https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSDOC7x/Installing+DSpace#InstallingDSpace-%22500ServiceUnavailable%22fromtheUserInterface

There are hints on that page, but it also can be very helpful to use the Troubleshooting Guide to look for the cause of the 500 error.  It's likely one of the issues listed on that "Common Installation Issues" section. Here's the Troubleshooting Guide: https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSPACE/Troubleshoot+an+error#Troubleshootanerror-DSpace7.x(orabove)

Tim

Leandro Pereira

Nov 28, 2023, 7:23:44 PM11/28/23
to DSpace Technical Support
A possible cause is the use of self-signed certificates.
I temporarily solved this problem using environment variables.

export NODE_EXTRA_CA_CERTS="/etc/ssl/dspace.mydomain.pem"
export NODE_TLS_REJECT_UNAUTHORIZED='0'

Once you have a certificate provided by a CA, you can remove this variable.