Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Jorge Alberto Bonilla Castaneda

no leída,
23 mar 2023, 13:43:0723/3/23
a DSpace Technical Support
hello everyone

I had already configured my dspace on a server in the cloud and with its corresponding DNS, however, when I received the security certificate and proceeded to configure it, only the back end worked for me: https://rd.udb.edu. sv/

however the front-end from that moment throws me an error: https://rd.udb.edu.sv:4000/

in dspace.cfg I have defined the urls:
dspace.server.url = https://rd.udb.edu.sv/server
dspace.ui.url = https://rd.udb.edu.sv:4000

and in config.prod.yml
ui:
   ssl:true
   host: 0.0.0.0
   port: 4000
   nameSpace: /

rest:
   ssl:true
   host: rd.udb.edu.sv
   port: 443

I am doing something wrong ?

Mohammad S. AlMutairi

no leída,
23 mar 2023, 15:23:1323/3/23
a DSpace Technical Support
Hi Jorge,

You need to change your setup in dspace.cfg to read what you see below and then install apache or nginx and set it up as a reverse proxy. See the attached file in the link below for hints.
in dspace.cfg I have defined the urls:
dspace.server.url = https://rd.udb.edu.sv/server
dspace.ui.url = https://rd.udb.edu.sv

BR,

Mo.

Jorge Alberto Bonilla Castaneda

no leída,
27 mar 2023, 13:24:5727/3/23
a DSpace Technical Support
Hello, apply what is mentioned in that forum that I send, that is, configure my

front end : https://rd.udb.edu.sv
backend : https://rd.udb.edu.sv/server/

with its DNS and corresponding security certificate and with its apache configuration, however the back end keeps throwing me an error that doesn't even let me do searches.

Captura de pantalla 2023-03-27 112118.png
what is my mistake now?

in my dspace.cfg I have configured the following :
dspace.server.url = https://rd.udb.edu.sv/server
dspace.ui.url = https://rd.udb.edu.sv
rest.cors.allowed-origins = ${dspace.ui.url}

in my config.prod.yml the following :
ui:
  ssl: false
  host: localhost
  port: 4000
  nameSpace: /

rest:
  ssl: true
  host: rd.udb.edu.sv
  port: 443
nameSpace: /server

and in apache .conf :
        ProxyPass "/server" "http://localhost:8080/server"
        ProxyPassReverse "/server" "http://localhost:8080/server"

        ProxyPass "/" "http://localhost:4000/"
        ProxyPassReverse "/" "http://localhost:4000/"

Jorge Alberto Bonilla Castaneda

no leída,
27 mar 2023, 14:09:5627/3/23
a DSpace Technical Support
wait, I found this forum where instructions were given to fix the bug I ran into and they worked for me

Now I only get a few errors like these, which I hope are not a big deal

Captura de pantalla 2023-03-27 120831.png

Mohammad S. AlMutairi

no leída,
27 mar 2023, 14:35:0427/3/23
a DSpace Technical Support
You can safely ignore that 404 error. GA is disabled by default in DSpace but if you need to enable it and use it follow the instructions you see here https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSDOC7x/DSpace+Google+Analytics+Statistics#DSpaceGoogleAnalyticsStatistics-GoogleAnalyticsSupport

Mo.

Jorge Alberto Bonilla Castaneda

no leída,
27 mar 2023, 15:41:3627/3/23
a DSpace Technical Support

Thank you very much , what I have noticed is that the handle does not work for me since I made the change , if it worked before , it now throws me this error :

Captura de pantalla 2023-03-27 134059.png

what could be the error ?

Mohammad S. AlMutairi

no leída,
27 mar 2023, 17:07:5327/3/23
a DSpace Technical Support
You welcome.
Was it stopped?. I don't see any issue with it now. http://hdl.handle.net/11715/10

Mo.

Jorge Alberto Bonilla Castaneda

no leída,
28 mar 2023, 10:07:2928/3/23
a DSpace Technical Support
hello good.

I had forgotten that when I restarted the server I had to turn on the server handle again, I only have a question with handle, after configuring the SSL port 8000 of handle gives me this result, could this affect my dspace:
Captura de pantalla 2023-03-28 080337.png https://rd.udb.edu.sv:8000/

Also sometimes Angular fails and does not load some pages, giving errors like:
Captura de pantalla 2023-03-28 080512.png

and warnings like these:

Captura de pantalla 2023-03-28 080629.png

before the SSL did not happen, what could be the error on this occasion?

Mohammad S. AlMutairi

no leída,
28 mar 2023, 14:19:5728/3/23
a DSpace Technical Support
Hello Jorge,

That's a wrong way to access or test and chech if the handle server is running and the error you saw is expected just ignore it.

1) To help you make systemd take care of running the handle server at boot time you need to copy and paste what you see in red below into the terminal and just do the other steps to activate it.
sudo cat << EOF > /usr/lib/systemd/system/handle-server.service
[Unit]
Description=Handle Service
After=network.target tomcat9.service

[Service]
Type=oneshot
RemainAfterExit=yes
ExecStart=/opt/dspace/bin/start-handle-server
ExecStop=/bin/kill $MAINPID
User=tomcat
Group=tomcat

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

EOF

2) systemctl daemon-reload
3) systemctl enable handle-server.service
4) systemctl start handle-server.service
5) systemctl status handle-server.service

Regarding the other issues you mentioned I hope someone else step in and help you with them because it needs more details and debugging to approach it. Tim? :-).

BR,

Mo.
Responder a todos
Responder al autor