index-authority java.lang.NullPointerException after upgrade 6.x to 7.4

amtuan...@gmail.com

Feb 22, 2023, 8:39:32 AM2/22/23
to DSpace Technical Support
Hello all

I am having troubles rebuilding the authority index after upgrading to 7.4 and now 7.5. When I run /dspace/bin/dspace index-authority I get an exception immediately. This used to work perfectly on our 6.x server. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

$ /dspace/bin/dspace index-authority

Retrieving all data

Initialize org.dspace.authority.indexer.DSpaceAuthorityIndexer

Exception: null

java.lang.NullPointerException

        at org.dspace.authority.AuthorityValueServiceImpl.generateRaw(AuthorityValueServiceImpl.java:93)

amtuan...@gmail.com

Apr 12, 2023, 8:03:35 AM4/12/23
to DSpace Technical Support
I was able to run the index-authority command successfully now with DSpace 7.5 and some changes to ORCID authority section in my local.cfg in case someone runs into the same issue.

# Configuration settings for ORCID based authority control

plugin.named.org.dspace.content.authority.ChoiceAuthority = \

    org.dspace.content.authority.SolrAuthority = SolrAuthorAuthority

solr.authority.server=${solr.server}/authority

choices.plugin.dc.contributor.author = SolrAuthorAuthority

choices.presentation.dc.contributor.author = authorLookup

authority.controlled.dc.contributor.author = true

authority.author.indexer.field.1=dc.contributor.author

event.dispatcher.default.consumers = authority, versioning, discovery, eperson