Set up Dspace 7.2

69 vues

LSBU

non lue,
12 avr. 2023, 11:19:1712/04/2023
à DSpace Technical Support
Hello, I would like to know some parameters for my Dspace 7.2:
1- How to create a user group on the terminal ?
2- how to add a user on the terminal ?
3- how to import users from the terminal ?
4- what are the services to start after restarting the server to make Dspace functional ?
5- how to automate these services so that they start automatically at server startup ?
6- how to improve response times if we perform a search from the portal.5 ?
7- What are the data and configuration files to backup so that in case of a problem, we can restore our database?

Mark H. Wood

non lue,
13 avr. 2023, 07:52:2813/04/2023
à dspac...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Apr 12, 2023 at 08:19:16AM -0700, LSBU wrote:
> Hello, I would like to know some parameters for my Dspace 7.2:

That is quite outdated now. You should consider upgrading to 7.5 at
your earliest convenience.

> 1- How to create a user group on the terminal ?

That is not implemented.

> 2- how to add a user on the terminal ?

'bin/dspace user --add --help' will show you the options. 'bin/dspace
user --help' will show you other things you can do with user accounts
from the command line.

The 'user' command is documented at
https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSDOC7x/Managing+User+Accounts

The command line tools are summarized at
https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSDOC7x/Command+Line+Operations

> 3- how to import users from the terminal ?

You can make a script of 'add' commands and run it with 'bin/dspace read'.

> 4- what are the services to start after restarting the server to make
> Dspace functional ?

You will need your Servlet container (usually Tomcat), Solr, and the
DBMS (usually PostgreSQL). If you have registered with the Handle
Service then you will also want to run the local Handle resolver.

> 5- how to automate these services so that they start automatically at
> server startup ?

That depends on your operating system. What are you running?

> 6- how to improve response times if we perform a search from the portal.5 ?

I don't understand "portal.5".

> 7- What are the data and configuration files to backup so that in case of a
> problem, we can restore our database?

You need to back up the assetstore directories and a dump of the
database.

The DBMS has tools to dump and restore databases, and this is how you
should back them up. It is nearly impossible to get a consistent
backup of most database products' content by saving their raw files.

The assetstore can be backed up as-is.

You will also want to back up 'config/' and its subdirectories.

You should also consider
https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSDOC7x/AIP+Backup+and+Restore

--
Mark H. Wood
Lead Technology Analyst

University Library
755 W. Michigan Street
Indianapolis, IN 46202
317-274-0749
www.ulib.iupui.edu
signature.asc

Oumar Fara Biram LO

non lue,
13 avr. 2023, 19:04:1013/04/2023
à dspac...@googlegroups.com
Hello, thank you for your promptness. Can you please provide me with the summary manual for the installation of Dspace 7.5 on Ubuntu 20.0.4 with support for all prerequisites? I am having trouble with the manual available on the website.

Oumar LO
Bureau Technique Logistique
Bibliothèque Centrale
Université Gaston Berger

LSBU

non lue,
19 avr. 2023, 12:08:4419/04/2023
à DSpace Technical Support

hello, thank you for your availability, finally I was able to install version 7.5 under Ubuntu 22.4. I would like to know how to customize the home page and also how to access the backend. I specify that the installation is in localhost
Répondre à tous
Répondre à l'auteur
Transférer
0 nouveau message