Migration

vinod awasare

Aug 19, 2019, 2:33:14 PM8/19/19
to dspac...@googlegroups.com
How to migrate all the data of OJS into Dspace.

Tim Donohue

Aug 21, 2019, 11:13:07 AM8/21/19
to vinod awasare, dspac...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I believe OJS supports the SWORD protocol (http://swordapp.org/).  I also see some references to a SWORD plugin for OJS here: https://github.com/pkp/pkp-lib/issues/3262 (and that ticket seems to link to a SWORD plugin for OJS v3).

So, assuming you can get the SWORD OJS plugin working you should be able to submit Items *from* OJS *via* SWORD *into* DSpace, as DSpace has a SWORD server: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC6x/SWORDv1+Server

All that said, I don't have experience with either OJS or its SWORD plugin, so I cannot give you step by step instructions.  You may want to post over on the OJS support list/forum to see if anyone else has done this before -- I've found one person asked this same question a few years ago: https://forum.pkp.sfu.ca/t/sword-plugin-ojs-dspace/35858

Good luck. If you have further DSpace specific questions, feel free to ask them on this mailing list.

Tim

Aug 21, 2019, 12:42:49 PM8/21/19
to dspac...@googlegroups.com

As Tim says, Sword  is the better option, but you need some knowledge, a little customisation, AND access to both OJS and Dspace systems...

But if  you can not install the SWORD plugin in OJS and activate the Swrod protocol in Dspace, we use, for a project long time ago, the  OJS functionality "export to XML" This plugin is always installed in OJS...   A full journal (or selected volumes)  can be exported to XML (including the PDf themselves, in binary form, useless)

Then,  we write some transformations  to SIP format,  AND made some wget or curl to the actual PDFs...  The process is a bit cumbersome, but it is able to keep all the metadata info and retrieve the files...  After all, the SIPs are ingested into Dspace..

Best luck

Emilio

elorenzo.vcf