Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Hill,Ed

no leída,
9 may 2023, 12:36:399/5/23
a dspac...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

This feels more like a "we did something weird" than a DSpace-specific question, but we're trying to bring 7.5 up for production and recently the logs started getting overwritten during rotation, i.e. dspace.log is chugging along all day fine, but when we check the next day the dspace.log-2023-05-02 style log has a smattering of entries from around the time of rotation (midnight, 1 am or so) and that's it, the previous days entries are all gone. Nothing was changed in the log4j2 configs when this started happening, and we're trying to roll back changes piecemeal to see what may have caused it but so far no joy.

Does anybody with more Java/Tomcat/Log4J2 experience have any pointers on "That happened to me once..." or "that sounds like..."? Not hoping for specific fixes, but if anybody has even seen something like this I'd be grateful because I've also been striking out on Google.

Many thanks,

Ed Hill

Pronouns: He/Him  (pronoun statement)

Developer and Applications Administrator

(970) 491-3197

Colorado State University Libraries

Tim Donohue

no leída,
9 may 2023, 18:14:199/5/23
a DSpace Technical Support
Hi Ed,

Yikes, that doesn't sound fun.  I don't have any great advice on this one other than to perhaps search Stackoverflow.com for similar issues (or even Google).  Maybe you'll find clues there which can help determine what has gone wrong.  My best guess is your log4j2 configuration has somehow confused log4j, but that's a guess.  I've not seen or heard of this sort of problem with out-of-the-box DSpace.

For example, here's one similar report on StackOverflow: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52772933/log4j2-rolling-file-overwrites-existing-log  (I googled "log4j2 log overwrite")

Tim
Responder a todos
Responder al autor