DSpace 7.4 Windows 10

Projects Arunendra

Dec 27, 2022, 7:24:47 AM12/27/22
to DSpace Technical Support
I faced 2 errors:
While executing yarn install, I got
error @typescript-eslint/experimen...@5.11.0: The engine "node" is incompatible with this module. Expected version "^12.22.0 || ^14.17.0 || >=16.0.0". Got "14.15.1"

I ignored the above error and continued:
yarn run build:prod
yarn run v1.22.19
$ yarn run build:ssr
$ ng build --configuration production && ng run dspace-angular:server:production
error Command failed with exit code 1

Are the two related?
What is the way out?

Projects Arunendra

Jan 2, 2023, 1:24:49 PM1/2/23
to DSpace Technical Support
Any help would be appreciated.

Mohammad S. AlMutairi

Jan 3, 2023, 3:28:52 AM1/3/23
to DSpace Technical Support
How did you install yarn?.

Start over and try this:

Nodejs Installation
1) Download https://nodejs.org/dist/v16.14.0/node-v16.14.0-x64.msi & install it.
2) node -v & npm-v
3) npm install -g yarn
4) npm install -g pm2
5) yarn -v & pm2 -v

Projects Arunendra

Jan 4, 2023, 7:01:48 AM1/4/23
to DSpace Technical Support
Thanks. Overcame the issue.
Now on yarn run build:prod, I get
dspace-angular/src/environments/environment.production.ts:13:3 - error TS2741: Property 'useProxies' is missing in type '{ ssl: false; host: string; port: number; nameSpace: string; }'

ts file attached.
environment.production.ts

Mohammad S. AlMutairi

Jan 4, 2023, 7:55:20 AM1/4/23
to DSpace Technical Support
You welcome & Hello,

You need to upload  [dspace-angular]/config/config.prod.yml here in the group.. I think the configuration in that file is not right.

ArunendraMB

Jan 12, 2023, 5:52:07 AM1/12/23
to Mohammad S. AlMutairi, DSpace Technical Support
Uploaded the config.prod.yml file here.
Same error occurs.

From,
Arunendra MB.

config.prod.yml

Mohammad S. AlMutairi

Jan 12, 2023, 8:23:45 AM1/12/23
to DSpace Technical Support
You need to follow the frontend installation procedure you see here https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSDOC7x/Installing+DSpace#InstallingDSpace-FrontendInstallation Specially step 5. Configuration.

  1. Start a command prompt
  2. copy [dspace-angular]/config/config.example.yml  [dspace-angular]/config/config.prod.yml
  3. edit  [dspace-angular]/config/config.prod.yml and modify to fit your environment
  4. Test & Build the Frontend by following steps in the link above.

Hope it help & Good luck

ArunendraMB

Jan 13, 2023, 2:22:00 PM1/13/23
to Mohammad S. AlMutairi, DSpace Technical Support
But according to the site,  yarn build:prod has to be executed prior to that, isn't it??
This leads to " Property 'useProxies' is missing in type '{ ssl: false; host: string; port: number; nameSpace: string; }'" error.
Anyway, I am going to check the steps again.

From,
Arunendra MB.

Mohammad S. AlMutairi

Jan 13, 2023, 9:05:25 PM1/13/23
On Friday, January 13, 2023 at 10:22:00 PM UTC+3 project....@gmail.com wrote:
But according to the site,  yarn build:prod has to be executed prior to that, isn't it??
Don't get it confused. ( yarn build:prod - Will build the frontend but won't start it ) or ( yarn start:prod - Will build the frontend and will start it ) comes after configuring [dspace-angular]/config/config.prod.yml or setting the building environment.