can´t connect ldap

Bryan Delgado

Oct 26, 2022, 8:38:49 PM10/26/22
to DSpace Technical Support
Hello comunity, Im new in dspace and after a lot of search in google and a lot of click finally I put in march Dspace but I can´t configure ldap. I testing ldapsearch and work fine. I have a production enviroment workin in one host (back and front)

This is my configuration in authentication.cfg (both pugins are enable)

plugin.sequence.org.dspace.authenticate.AuthenticationMethod = org.dspace.authenticate.LDAPAuthentication
plugin.sequence.org.dspace.authenticate.AuthenticationMethod = org.dspace.authenticate.PasswordAuthentication

This is my configuration in authentication-ldap.cfg

authentication-ldap.enable = true

authentication-ldap.autoregister = true

authentication-ldap.provider_url = ldap://1.2.2.4:389

authentication-ldap.id_field = sAMAccountName

authentication-ldap.object_context = "OU=All MyOU\,DC=mydomain\,DC=com"

authentication-ldap.search_context = "OU= All MyOU\,DC=mydomain\,DC=com"

authentication-ldap.email_field = mail

authentication-ldap.givenname_field = givenName

authentication-ldap.search_scope = 2

authentication-ldap.search.user = "CN=Ldap User\,OU=Service Users\,OU=All MyOU\,DC=mydomain\,DC=com"
authentication-ldap.search.password = xxxxxxxx

What data should I put in the fields in the attached image? The email? username?

Captura.JPG

Any help is appreciated

Mumanyi, Bravismore

Oct 27, 2022, 1:21:37 AM10/27/22
to Bryan Delgado, DSpace Technical Support
Hi Bryan

Would you mind indicating DSpace version you are on? Sorry if I failed to pick this up.

Another pointer, are your LDAP settings working with any other system outside DSpace?
Have you proved that those parameters actually work? There are free tools to test this.

Regards
/Bravismore

Oct 27, 2022, 4:02:35 AM10/27/22
to dspac...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bryan,

Am 27.10.22 um 02:29 schrieb Bryan Delgado:
[…]
> authentication-ldap.object_context = "OU=All MyOU\,DC=mydomain\,DC=com"
[…]

look into the log and give it a try w/o the quotation marks.

CU

Michael

Mumanyi, Bravismore

Oct 27, 2022, 8:22:26 AM10/27/22
to Bryan Delgado, DSpace Technical Support
Hi Bryan

Try to adjust your "authentication.cfg" to the following. So, you have only one "plugin.sequence.org.dspace.authenticate.AuthenticationMethod" parameter. I have this working on ver 6.3. You have a double parameter in your case so I am not sure if DSpace considers the last entry only.

plugin.sequence.org.dspace.authenticate.AuthenticationMethod = \
        org.dspace.authenticate.LDAPAuthentication,org.dspace.authenticate.PasswordAuthentication

Regards