Statistics not updating

Wally Grotophorst

Jan 30, 2023, 2:16:46 PM1/30/23
to DSpace Technical Support
Exported data from production 6.3 system and built a 7.4 instance that's working well in most respects.  However, statistics don't show any activity.  I exported a few CSV files from our 6.3 system and imported them into the 7.4 version...those stats show up.  However,  if I download one of the documents shown in the stats, the "usage" number does not increment.  Still shows the activity only from the imported stat CSV files.

Do I have to run a job to get these to update or is it a real-time sort of thing?  If you download a document, should I expect the statistics to bump up by one right then?

Any assistance appreciated.  Still learning my way around DSpace 7 :)

- Wally Grotophorst
George Mason University

Wally Grotophorst

Feb 2, 2023, 12:25:37 PM2/2/23
to DSpace Technical Support
Fixed it.  Problem was I didn't have "solr-statistics-server" predefined in config/modules/solr-statistics.cfg which broke subsequent URL creation making my solr server URL look like this:   https://localhost:8983//solr  (double //'s).   Added this to my local.cfg and things started working as you'd expect:

solr-statistics.server = http://localhost:8983/solr/statistics