DSpace 6.3 Discovery

arunendra.m...@gmail.com

Dec 8, 2022, 4:31:04 PM12/8/22
to DSpace Technical Support
I have disabled <ref bean="searchFilterIssued" /> from sidebarFacets and searchFilters, yet it is appearing in Advanced search filter options. How is it possible?

Similarly, I have added 2 new filters in one specific collection discovery configuration but only one of them is appearing.
I have made same changes for both in messages.xml file.

I have cleared browser cache, tomcat cache as well as re-indexed.

Please help. I have going over this for 3 days.

ArunendraMB

Dec 9, 2022, 9:16:31 AM12/9/22
to arunendra.m...@gmail.com, DSpace Technical Support
Any solutions, please?

arunendra.m...@gmail.com

Dec 11, 2022, 1:14:04 PM12/11/22
to DSpace Technical Support
Can anybody reply please?

Tim Donohue

Dec 12, 2022, 11:41:06 AM12/12/22
to DSpace Technical Support
Hi,

This email thread is difficult to provide a response to, as the use case / goal is unclear to me (and likely to others).  What are you attempting to achieve by changing the search configuration in DSpace 6?  Are you trying to remove some feature from the UI?  Which UI are you using (XMLUI or JSPUI)?

Basically, there's not enough information in these emails to provide you help.  It's possible that the thing you are attempting to do isn't possible in DSpace 6.  Or, it's possible you are editing the wrong file, or maybe forgot to copy the modified file from your source code directory over to the DSpace install folder.

Tim

arunendra.m...@gmail.com

Dec 12, 2022, 4:58:49 PM12/12/22
to DSpace Technical Support
Missed to mention that I am using xmlui (UI).
I am trying to block the existing search filters and add new custom filters as per my requirements. If I am not wrong, changes to search filters require changes in discover.xml and addition of corresponding lines in messages.xml(tomcat webapps and Dspace install folder webapps).
Since the addition of one filter did reflect on my search filter (I did not use it on sidebar fact, only simple search), so I guess I am on the right track.
Initially few changes were not showing until I cleared tomcat cache under Catalina/work. But after that, addition of other filters are not reflecting.
I have been able to remove the default search filter "Authors","Subject" but cannot remove "Date Issued".
Please suggest.

arunendra.m...@gmail.com

Dec 15, 2022, 3:02:24 PM12/15/22
to DSpace Technical Support
Hello Everybody,
It was a syntax error. I have resolved it. This issue is closed.