Safe to change input-forms.xml <form-value-pairs> data ?

Marcio Costa

May 12, 2020, 9:49:17 AM5/12/20
to DSpace Technical Support
Hello everyone!

I have DSpace 5.0 working and I would like to adjust some existing values in input-forms.xml.

It's safe change input-forms.xml file from:

     <pair>
       <displayed-value>Software OS</displayed-value>
       <stored-value>Software</stored-value>
     </pair>

to:

     <pair>
       <displayed-value>Software OS</displayed-value>
       <stored-value>Others</stored-value>
     </pair>

Thank you and Best Regards.

Marcio.

Mark H. Wood

May 12, 2020, 10:01:31 AM5/12/20
On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 06:49:17AM -0700, Marcio Costa wrote:
> I have DSpace 5.0 working and I would like to adjust some existing values
> in input-forms.xml.
>
> It's safe change input-forms.xml file from:
>
> <pair>
> <displayed-value>Software OS</displayed-value>
> <stored-value>*Software*</stored-value>
> </pair>
>
> to:
>
> <pair>
> <displayed-value>Software OS</displayed-value>
> <stored-value>*Others*</stored-value>
> </pair>

If you make that change, then any submissions made after the change,
which select "Software OS", will have the corresponding metadata field
set to "*Others*", while existing submissions which selected "Software
OS" will still have the metadata field set to "*Software*". If that
causes a problem for you, then this change alone is not safe. You may
wish to update the metadata of existing items, after making the
change, to match the new value. Don't forget in-progress submissions
which have not yet been installed in the archive.

--
Mark H. Wood
Lead Technology Analyst

University Library
755 W. Michigan Street
Indianapolis, IN 46202
317-274-0749
www.ulib.iupui.edu
signature.asc

Marcio Costa

May 12, 2020, 10:36:46 AM5/12/20
to DSpace Technical Support
Hi Mark.

I understand the problem this can cause in the database.

Thanks by the explanation.

BR