Live import exception in scopus

Salony Permanand

Aug 22, 2023, 12:27:25 PM8/22/23
to dspac...@googlegroups.com
Hello Group Member,
I stuck in a problem I am trying to import data from scopus from terminal .

 I used import-publications command to bring data from scopus but it throws exception as

“The live import data provide scopus throws exception”

Can anyone help with this?

DSpace Technical Support

Aug 22, 2023, 12:49:26 PM8/22/23
to DSpace Technical Support
Hi,

The DSpace user interface often will not provide the full error details behind an error.  The only way to help would be to locate the underlying exception in your logs or similar.  See our troubleshooting guide for help on locating detailed error messages: https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSPACE/Troubleshoot+an+error#Troubleshootanerror-DSpace7.x(orabove)

Without the detailed error, it's not possible for others to give you good advice.  It's possible the issue is simply that the Scopus API is down.  It's also possible you haven't signed up with Elsevier for an (paid) API key?

The docs at https://wiki.lyrasis.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=104566672 link to where you can get an optional paid API key for Scopus, and also show how to disable Scopus if you do not want it to appear.

Tim

Salony Permanand

Aug 22, 2023, 12:55:50 PM8/22/23
to DSpace Technical Support
Hello Tim,
Thanks for reply.
Actually my API had not any issue because it is already importing publication for different server.

Actually I clone my sever and put it for another server . There when I am trying to import it is throwing that exception

The live import data provider Java file has function getnumberresult that function had problem

I also checked internet connection there

Is index discovery needed there or should I try to rebuild the code

DSpace Technical Support

Aug 22, 2023, 1:01:18 PM8/22/23
to DSpace Technical Support
Hi,

I don't know what advice I can provide as I don't understand the detailed exception you are seeing.  As I noted, it's extremely difficult for anyone to provide you with accurate advice without understanding the detailed error *behind* the 500 exception.  You need to use the troubleshooting guide to find the detailed error in the Dspace logs or similar: https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSPACE/Troubleshoot+an+error#Troubleshootanerror-DSpace7.x(orabove)

Tim

Salony Permanand

Aug 22, 2023, 1:03:26 PM8/22/23
to DSpace Technical Support
Okay I will provide detailed error log and then help me to solve the problem

Salony Permanand

Aug 23, 2023, 12:39:08 AM8/23/23
to DSpace Technical Support
Hello,
As discussed I am attaching below screenshot of error
Please find it and help to resolve it

Salony Permanand

Screenshot 2023-08-23 100627.png

Salony Permanand

Aug 24, 2023, 12:44:09 PM8/24/23
to DSpace Technical Support

Hello,
I attached the screenshot

DSpace Technical Support

Aug 24, 2023, 1:00:06 PM8/24/23
to DSpace Technical Support
Hi,

Unfortunately the screenshot is cut off and only provides part of the error.  It's unclear to me what the cause may be as it appears to imply that  it's possible that Scopus is either unavailable or you may not have a configured Scopus API key (as I previously described).  You should verify first that you have a Scopus API key configured in either your "external-providers.cfg" or "local.cfg" file.  These are the fields that you may need to fill out to ensure Scopus works: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/blob/dspace-7_x/dspace/config/modules/external-providers.cfg#L70-L79

I'd also recommend not sending a screenshot, but instead copying the text of the error into an email (or copy it to a different shareable file which you can link to from your email).  Screenshots are difficult to work with as they sometimes cut out very important details.

Tim