DSpace index discovery not completed on DSpace 7.1

Lewatle Johannes Phaladi

Nov 10, 2021, 8:42:47 AM11/10/21
to DSpace Technical Support
Dear DSpace Colleagues,

When upgrading from dspace 7.0 to 7.1 got errors when running ./dspace index-discovery -b, please see attachments, there is also UI errors attached,  pm2 logs results is also attached. Please assist, items are still not appearing under collections.

Regards,
Lewatle
index-discovery not completed.png
pm2 logs.png
UI error.png

Tim Donohue

Nov 10, 2021, 1:32:28 PM11/10/21
to Lewatle Johannes Phaladi, DSpace Technical Support
Hi Lewatle,

Those errors seem to all be startup/restart issues with your application.

The Solr issue is in our common installation issue: https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSDOC7x/Installing+DSpace#InstallingDSpace-Solrrespondswith%22Expectedmimetypeapplication/octet-streambutgottext/html%22(404NotFound)

The PM2 issue is saying that port 4000 is still in use...which means that perhaps you never stopped the UI & it's still running on port 4000?  Maybe it needs to be stopped & restarted?

My best guess is that during your upgrade some of your 7.0 configurations may have either been lost or not copied over into 7.1?  It's hard to say for sure, but it sounds like your 7.1 instance is no longer configured properly...and so you are hitting those common installation problems again even after an upgrade.

If you have further questions let us know on this list.

Tim

Nov 11, 2021, 5:49:03 AM11/11/21
to DSpace Technical Support
Hi Tim,

Thanks a lot, I am following up on links to resolve current issues on our server, Solr indeed it is not accessible I will continue debugging the problem, when restarting it respond is as follows :

solr restart.png

but when accessing it the results is as follows with error, i will follow on link that you have shared to resolve it  :

solr core error.png

Regards,
Lewatle

Lewatle Johannes Phaladi

Nov 17, 2021, 8:05:58 AM11/17/21
to DSpace Technical Support
Dear Tim and DSpace Team,

Currently we are struggling to remove solrcore initialization failure, all other previous upgrade known errors have been resolved. Please note that solr error came from out of box installation, and if anyone has ever cleared this error please share the suggestion, we are only waiting to re-index the site and complete this upgrade, please attached screenshots.

Regards,
Lewatle

solr log.txt
UI.png
index fails.png
angular web interface.png

Tim Donohue

Nov 17, 2021, 11:24:27 AM11/17/21
to Lewatle Johannes Phaladi, DSpace Technical Support
Hi Lewatle,

I googled the error you received in your Solr log file, and found this question on StackOverflow:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/68773301/solr-tomcat-integration-solrrequestparsers-couldnt-get-multipart-parts-in-o

According to that person at least, they hit the same issue with Solr 8.9. But after downgrading, the error disappeared.  So, it's possible there's an odd issue in Solr 8.9 which you are hitting.  You could try to install a different 8.x version and see if that fixes the issue.  (Obviously you'd need to copy over the DSpace Solr core configs, see step 10 in the upgrade process at https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSDOC7x/Upgrading+DSpace)

Tim

Nov 19, 2021, 2:05:25 AM11/19/21
to DSpace Technical Support
Hi Tim,

Thanks very much, I am now going to downgrade and use other 8.x version, I will come back with feedback also will look at step 10 as mentioned.

Regards,
Lewatle

Lewatle Johannes Phaladi

Nov 23, 2021, 2:43:11 AM11/23/21
to DSpace Technical Support
Hi Tim,

Is there any version of SOLR that is known as working, please share any full version number that I could test.

Regards,
Lewatle

Tim Donohue

Nov 23, 2021, 1:51:06 PM11/23/21
to Lewatle Johannes Phaladi, DSpace Technical Support
Hi Lewatle,

Solr 8.8 is what I've been using in Docker (and is in our out-of-the-box Docker configs, which are used to run all our automated tests). So, it works with DSpace 7.

See https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/blob/main/docker-compose.yml#L62

Tim