Google Scholar to index new DSpace site

Lewatle Johannes Phaladi

Aug 27, 2019, 5:53:52 AM8/27/19
to DSpace Technical Support
Hi DSpace Team,

I have new DSpace site that became online yesterday and I would like to have its contents searchable over Google Scholar, I have read one reply online saying out of box DSpace installation I dont have to do anything it will just be searchable, please share with me if this is the case and how long is waiting time for items to become searchable.  http://dspace.2283337.n4.nabble.com/google-scholar-td4685657.html

Regards,
Lewatle

Philip Young

Aug 27, 2019, 8:55:16 AM8/27/19
to Lewatle Johannes Phaladi, DSpace Technical Support
You can make an inclusion request, which may speed things up: https://support.google.com/scholar/troubleshooter/23941?hl=en.

Philip

Philip Young
Institutional Repository Manager, VTechWorks
Email: pyo...@vt.edu | Tel: 540-231-8845 | Office: Newman Library 423
Twitter: @openatvt | Blog: Open@VT | Guides: Open Access  ORCID  Perma.cc

Virginia Tech
University Libraries (0434)
560 Drillfield Drive
Blacksburg, VA 24061
http://www.lib.vt.edu

Lewatle Johannes Phaladi

Aug 28, 2019, 3:12:52 AM8/28/19
to DSpace Technical Support
Hi Philip,

Thanks for the reply, I have used the link given and selected on DSpace Repository but there were no feedback indicating that form is sent or next screen to fill in details like URL, is it the correct way that I have done it? Please see attached screenshots, advise if there is anything pending on my side.

Regards,
Lewatle

On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 5:54 AM Lewatle Johannes Phaladi <joem...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi DSpace Team,

I have new DSpace site that became online yesterday and I would like to have its contents searchable over Google Scholar, I have read one reply online saying out of box DSpace installation I dont have to do anything it will just be searchable, please share with me if this is the case and how long is waiting time for items to become searchable.  http://dspace.2283337.n4.nabble.com/google-scholar-td4685657.html

Regards,
Lewatle

inclusion request.png
selected dspace repository.png

Philip Young

Aug 28, 2019, 7:48:20 AM8/28/19
to Lewatle Johannes Phaladi, DSpace Technical Support
I think I sent a bad link; try this one http://support.google.com/scholar/

Philip

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dspace-tech/3b544a2d-961a-4a5a-8336-0b8773844c53%40googlegroups.com.

Lewatle Johannes Phaladi