Institution Examples of Added Browse Options

Hughes ll, Rex

Aug 14, 2019, 1:08:48 PM8/14/19
to DSpace Community (dspace-community@googlegroups.com)
Hello,

I was curious if other DSpace institutions used additional browse features, such as "Browse by Type" (resource types in the dc.type field, such as Thesis, Dissertation, Video, Dataset, etc.) or "Browse by Departments" (department affiliations in the dc.description.department field, such as Chemistry, Transportation and Logistics, etc.).

We have found the "Browse by Departments" option in the University of Texas at Austin's ScholarWorks<https://repositories.lib.utexas.edu/> instance, and it might be interesting to look at other examples or discuss best practices with other institutions.

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Rex Hughes, II, M.L.I.S.
Metadata and Cataloging Librarian
Resource Acquisition, Management, and Discovery
NDSU Libraries
Dept. 2080, PO Box 6050 / Fargo ND 58108-6050
Phone:701.231.9677 (Main Library 120G)
[ndsu_sig]

image001.jpg

alaw

Aug 15, 2019, 8:08:24 AM8/15/19
to DSpace Community
We have customized Discovery to list department as a facet for our ETD collections and add it and other ETD-specific fields to the Advance Search, https://vtechworks.lib.vt.edu/handle/10919/5534. To see the full list, the user must click on "View More" in the department facet, which isn't as obvious as a "browse by department." We also have a video there, "Searching for Electronic Theses and Dissertations in VTechWorks."

Anne Lawrence
Repository Application Administrator

Ronny Perez Mendoza

Aug 15, 2019, 8:47:35 AM8/15/19
to alaw, DSpace Community

Hello EveryOne,

Somebody can help me about config the OAI protocol?

Tim Donohue

Aug 15, 2019, 12:32:22 PM8/15/19
to Ronny Perez Mendoza, DSpace Community
Hello,

Very basic OAI configuration documentation can be found here: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC6x/OAI#OAI-OAI-PMH/OAI-OREHarvesterConfiguration

Additional details and advanced configuration options (which may not be necessary for basic configuration) can be found here: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC6x/OAI+2.0+Server#OAI2.0Server-Configuration

If you have more specific question on OAI configuration, please ask them on the Tech Support (dspace-tech) list and we'll do our best to help.  More support options are available at https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/Support

Tim