weird questions

Ricardo Morais

Jan 7, 2023, 1:45:04 PM1/7/23
to DSI Studio

Hi Frank,

1)

Reconstruction method :

From the workshop and documentation you've explained the main difference between (GQI) and (QSDR), is that QSDR reconstructs in the template space. For a correlational tractography analysis of a small human group, does QSDR provides any advantage, meaning are the results more reliable that for GQI. I know it depends but would like your insight in it.

I often get decreased and increased FA findings, which are difficult to understand from a biological point of view. Is the validity of both findings (increase FA and decrease FA) similar ? I'm guessing it is but just to confirm.

2)

Step C3D: Parameters:

Since I want to keep only “strong” findings and to get ride of noise, I’ve used the following parameters :

FDS ControFDR<0,01

T Threshold: 2,5

Length Threshold: 20 voxels (it’s the parameter that seems to get ride of more “noise” for what I’ve seen, results seem more “cleaner” when I increase the lenght)

Permutation Count: 5000

Pruning Iteration:20

-Are they a good choice Or are they too restricted?  Do you advice to leave the default parameters untouched ?

Thanks,

best wishes for 2023.

Ricardo Morais

Jan 7, 2023, 2:05:57 PM1/7/23
to DSI Studio
Just to add another question:
Should the Motion correction be done before or after top up /eddy correction, or it doesn't matter?
I do get a message that top up /eddy cannot be done after the motion correction, nevertheless it still runs.

Thanks again,

Fang-Cheng Yeh

Jan 7, 2023, 6:53:02 PM1/7/23
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com

Just to add another question:
Should the Motion correction be done before or after top up /eddy correction, or it doesn't matter?

After, but
Eddy already includes motion coorrection.

I do get a message that top up /eddy cannot be done after the motion correction,

Yes, it is not recommended.

Best regards
Frank

nevertheless it still runs.

Thanks again,

A sábado, 7 de janeiro de 2023 à(s) 18:45:04 UTC, Ricardo Morais escreveu:

Hi Frank,

1)

Reconstruction method :

From the workshop and documentation you've explained the main difference between (GQI) and (QSDR), is that QSDR reconstructs in the template space. For a correlational tractography analysis of a small human group, does QSDR provides any advantage, meaning are the results more reliable that for GQI. I know it depends but would like your insight in it.