Turn off network measures in --action=ana

Maxwell Bertolero

Sep 21, 2022, 3:20:05 PM9/21/22
to DSI Studio
Would it be possible to have it be an option, or even the default, to not write out the network measures? I need to generate about 8000 connectivity matrices (running a searchlight type algorithm), so it would be great to call this function quickly, and only save out the connectivity.mat file.

Thanks!

Fang-Cheng Yeh

Sep 21, 2022, 3:26:29 PM9/21/22
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com

On Wed, Sep 21, 2022 at 3:20 PM Maxwell Bertolero <mbert...@gmail.com> wrote:
Would it be possible to have it be an option, or even the default, to not write out the network measures? I need to generate about 8000 connectivity matrices (running a searchlight type algorithm), so it would be great to call this function quickly, and only save out the connectivity.mat file.

Thanks!

Max Bertolero

Sep 21, 2022, 3:29:23 PM9/21/22
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!!

Will that work for both action=trk and action=ana?

I like action=ana, as I can precompute the tracts, then make the matrix from a bunch of different parcellations.

Thanks again,
Max Bertolero, PhD
Neuroinformatics Software Architect
Nous Imaging

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "DSI Studio" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dsi-studio/CAG_QrtLuys%2BPsRt8tB%3D5TXxuLfTMJUdKUzdtqghDFVEh--4fWA%40mail.gmail.com.

Fang-Cheng Yeh

Sep 21, 2022, 3:34:27 PM9/21/22
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
It should be, because the post-tracking pipeline is identical.

I would suggest using --action=trk and skipping tractography saving/loading by --output=no_file.

Frank

Max Bertolero

Sep 21, 2022, 3:38:20 PM9/21/22
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
Ah, I thought I was saving time by running:

dsi_studio --action=trk --source={fib_file} --output={tract_output}

And then:

dsi_studio --action=ana --source={fib_file} --tract={tract_output} --connectivity={connectivity} --connectivity_value=count --export=connectivity --output={output}

Are the tracts still recalculated in dsi_studio --action=ana if I pass a --tract?

Thanks so much,
Max Bertolero, PhD
Neuroinformatics Software Architect
Nous Imaging

Fang-Cheng Yeh

Sep 21, 2022, 3:46:41 PM9/21/22
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
It would be much faster by

dsi_studio --action=trk --source={fib_file} --output=no_file --connectivity={connectivity} --connectivity_value=count --export=connectivity --connectivity_output=matrix

Max Bertolero

Sep 21, 2022, 3:47:13 PM9/21/22
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
Sweet, thanks!

Max Bertolero, PhD
Neuroinformatics Software Architect
Nous Imaging

Fang-Cheng Yeh

Sep 21, 2022, 3:54:06 PM9/21/22
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
BTW, you don't need --export=connectivity

Max Bertolero

Sep 22, 2022, 12:40:13 PM9/22/22
to dsi-s...@googlegroups.com
This absolutely rips. Thanks so much Frank!