Druid Deep Storage

Soumya Jose

Oct 24, 2019, 4:52:28 AM10/24/19
to Druid User
Hello Team,

Is it possible to use external VM's hard-drive as deep storage in Druid?

If yes, could you share any reference document/link.

Thanks & Regards
Soumya

Tijo Thomas

Oct 24, 2019, 5:22:44 AM10/24/19
to druid...@googlegroups.com
Hi Soumya,

Can you explain more about what you mean by external vm's hard-drive.

One way of handling is use NFS and mount those drive to ur vm  locally .  Please refer this  link : https://druid.apache.org/docs/latest/dependencies/deep-storage.html

hope this helps.

Thanks & Regards

Tijo Thomas
Solutions Architect  | => Imply , Bangalore , India

Vaibhav Vaibhav

Oct 24, 2019, 5:39:31 AM10/24/19
to druid...@googlegroups.com
Hi Soumya,

You can go through below doc which explains about multiple available options for the deep storage :
In case of local deep storage , anything that can be mount locally like NFS, Ceph, etc. can be used as deep storage, So if you external VM storage is mounted on NFS for example, I believe you can use that as deep storage.

Thanks,
Vaibhav

On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 2:22 PM Soumya Jose <soumyaj...@gmail.com> wrote:

Soumya Jose

Oct 25, 2019, 1:55:21 AM10/25/19
to Druid User
Thanks Tijo, Vaibhav,

Believe NFS would meet our requirements.

Thanks
Soumya

Vaibhav Vaibhav

Oct 25, 2019, 3:13:58 AM10/25/19