Druid 0.9.0 Stable

Fangjin Yang

Apr 13, 2016, 3:11:55 PM4/13/16
to Druid User, druid-de...@googlegroups.com
We are excited to announce the release of Druid 0.9.0!

Please read the release notes carefully before upgrading. The extension system in Druid has completely changed, several configuration options were also changed, and several deprecated features were removed.

This release comes with over 400 contributions in the form of new features, improvements, documentation changes, and bug fixes

As a big part of this release, we've completely redone the Druid getting started process and are recommending folks use Tranquility for streaming ingestion into Druid instead of real-time nodes.

Download is available here

Documentation:

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release!

Pere

Apr 21, 2016, 5:06:38 PM4/21/16
to Druid User, druid-de...@googlegroups.com
What advantages does Tranquility have over realtime nodes? We just got done setting up a new cluster using realtime kafka nodes, and am interested if I should scrap the realtime nodes and add tranquility now.

-Pere

Fangjin

Apr 21, 2016, 5:13:48 PM4/21/16
to Druid User

Gian Merlino

Apr 21, 2016, 5:14:10 PM4/21/16
to druid...@googlegroups.com, druid-de...@googlegroups.com
Hey Pere,

The main motivations for tranquility are to resolve the limitations mentioned in the docs here: http://druid.io/docs/latest/ingestion/stream-pull.html#limitations

The indexing service / tranquility deals with replication, schema evolution, and batch/realtime coexistence in generally nicer ways.

Gian