Exception - GroupBy query on historical for GroupByMergingQueryRunnerV2

Jitesh Mogre

Jul 4, 2017, 3:59:48 PM7/4/17
to Druid User
Hi Expert,

I am running groupBy query and getting below exception.

04/Jul/2017 19:39:11,546- GroupByMergingQueryRunnerV2: Exception with one of the sequences!
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
        at java.nio.Buffer.limit(Buffer.java:275) ~[?:1.8.0_131]
        at io.druid.query.groupby.epinephelinae.BufferGrouper.growIfPossible(BufferGrouper.java:417) ~[druid-processing-0.10.0.jar:0.10.0]
        at io.druid.query.groupby.epinephelinae.BufferGrouper.aggregate(BufferGrouper.java:176) ~[druid-processing-0.10.0.jar:0.10.0]
        at io.druid.query.groupby.epinephelinae.BufferGrouper.aggregate(BufferGrouper.java:212) ~[druid-processing-0.10.0.jar:0.10.0]
        at io.druid.query.groupby.epinephelinae.GroupByQueryEngineV2$GroupByEngineIterator.next(GroupByQueryEngineV2.java:302) ~[druid-processing-0.10.0.jar:0.10.0]
        at io.druid.query.groupby.epinephelinae.GroupByQueryEngineV2$GroupByEngineIterator.next(GroupByQueryEngineV2.java:202) ~[druid-processing-0.10.0.jar:0.10.0]

My historical node 60 GB and 16 CPU.
 Am I need to config something for merging GroupBy query? Can you suggest all config for above node config?
Segment size is 2 GB per hour.

Any suggestion will be helpfull.

Thanks,
Jitesh

Gian Merlino

Jul 4, 2017, 10:10:22 PM7/4/17
to druid...@googlegroups.com
This looks like a bug that has been fixed in master, that occurs when you have large-ish processing buffers. You could try updating to 0.10.1-rc1 and see if this still happens -- please let us know if it does.

Gian

Jitesh Mogre

Jul 5, 2017, 4:26:49 AM7/5/17
to Druid User
Thanks for the reply.

can you please share libraries location for download this version of druid-0.11.0-SNAPSHOT?

Thanks,
Jitesh

Jihoon Son

Jul 5, 2017, 5:27:58 AM7/5/17
to Druid User
Hey Jitesh,

Do you still see the same problem with 0.10.1-rc1 (http://druid.io/downloads.html)? To use 0.11.0-SNAPSHOT, you should build by yourself.

Jihoon

2017년 7월 5일 (수) 오후 5:26, Jitesh Mogre <jitu...@gmail.com>님이 작성:

Jitesh Mogre

Jul 5, 2017, 5:42:57 AM7/5/17
to Druid User
Thank you Jihoon,

I was thinking to check with 0.11.0-SNAPSHOT which is in master.

But  I will use 0.10.1-rc1 (http://druid.io/downloads.html) for historical node to check this exceptions.

Anyway, I want to store extensions libraries for sqlserver and scan query. I have to build  0.10.1-rc1.

What you will suggest for building these jar master or 0.10.1?

Can I use druid-0.10.0 extensions sqlserver and scan query libraries for  0.10.1-rc1 version?

Thanks,
Jitesh

Jitesh Mogre

Jul 5, 2017, 5:45:18 AM7/5/17
to Druid User
If I could use druid-0.10.0 extensions sqlserver and scan query libraries for  0.10.1-rc1 version, then how can I notify in main pom.xml?

Jihoon Son

Jul 5, 2017, 6:19:12 AM7/5/17
to Druid User
I think both extensions of 0.10.0 should work with 0.10.1-rc1.

What do you mean by "how can I notify in main pom.xml"? BTW, you can download extensions of the specific version using pull-deps (http://druid.io/docs/latest/operations/including-extensions.html).

2017년 7월 5일 (수) 오후 6:45, Jitesh Mogre <jitu...@gmail.com>님이 작성:
If I could use druid-0.10.0 extensions sqlserver and scan query libraries for  0.10.1-rc1 version, then how can I notify in main pom.xml?

Jitesh Mogre

Jul 5, 2017, 7:15:22 AM7/5/17
to Druid User
Thank you very much Gian / Jihoon...

It works fully with some heavy data also.
It was asking for druid.query.groupBy.maxOnDiskStorage.
I increase diskStorage and working fine for me.

I use druid-0.10.0 extensions for deploying druid-0.10.1.rc1

I gave druid.query.groupBy.maxOnDiskStorage=100000000

what u suggest maxOnDiskStorage?

Once Again thank you very much for fixing this issue in new version

Thanks,
JItesh

Jihoon Son

Jul 5, 2017, 8:11:14 AM7/5/17
to Druid User
I'm not sure what the best number is for maxOnDiskStorage, but I'll try to suggest.

The above error looks that your hash table byte size is hitting 2GB. The hash table can have at most Integer.MAX_VALUE elements, and once the hash table is full and cannot be increased, druid tries to spill data on disk. maxOnDiskStorage is the max size of spilled data in bytes. So, I think it should be larger than at least 2GB and would be good if it can be much larger.

Jihoon

2017년 7월 5일 (수) 오후 8:15, Jitesh Mogre <jitu...@gmail.com>님이 작성:

Jitesh Mogre

Jul 5, 2017, 8:23:18 AM7/5/17