Can't read the SSH source: Host is running rsync with an untested version 3.1.3

Preben Sangvik

Jan 26, 2021, 8:15:07 AM1/26/21
to DropSync
I can connect and the test shows green. But when I try to choose Synced place root o the server I get "Check that the server is reachable and that the connection details are correct"

I thought the test was set up to do that. So is this a rsync 3.1.3  issue?

Server is at Digital Ocean.

Can I use DropSync to backup that server?

Ira Cooke

Jan 27, 2021, 3:30:58 AM1/27/21
to drop...@googlegroups.com
Hi Preben,

It sounds like you are running a very old version of DropSync. Is it DropSync 2.x?

Can you try DropSync 3?  If you don’t have it you can get a free trial here

Let me know if that fixes your issue.  We can work out a way for you to upgrade.  Even if it doesn’t fix it, it should provide better diagnostics to see what’s going wrong.

Cheers
Ira

Preben Sangvik

Jan 28, 2021, 2:51:29 AM1/28/21
to DropSync
In fact it's DropSync 2.4.9. I thought the App Store version was updated, but that is then stuck on v2?

Preben Sangvik

Jan 28, 2021, 2:55:14 AM1/28/21
to DropSync
I checked once more.

I in fact had two DropSync versions on my iMac. I downloaded from the AppStore. Somehow it kept both versions, so when I just opened DropSync it opened the old version. I wasn't aware of that issue.

Thank you