LES RALLIZES DENUDES- Japanese psych music (article)

1 view

Jason Gross

Jun 2, 2021, 10:20:24 PM6/2/21
to DroneOn
Greetings,

In the latest issue of Perfect Sound Forever <http://www.furious.com/perfect/index0621.html>, you'll find (among other things):

 LES RALLIZES DENUDES- their pre-terrorist psychedelic roots by Daniel Hess
"'Atonal, hypnotic cacophony' does not even begin to describe the symphonic numbness your ears will experience while listening to Les Rallizes Denudes. With that simple enticing opening, the music is but yet a small fraction of the mystery, infamy, and legacy that this group holds in their home country of Japan."

We're always looking for good writers and/or ideas so let us know if you have anything to share.

See you online,
Jason

Christian Mumford

Jun 15, 2021, 11:55:32 AM6/15/21
to jgr...@pipeline.com, DroneOn
Loved what i heard by this dark urban band. I was listening to Robotech soundtrack and some kraut suggestion or something fuzzy logic thing popped up. Guess i need some albums now. Thanks... Zine or Sound, perfect dadaist zolutions. Regards Christian Mumford

Jason Gross

Jun 15, 2021, 12:10:18 PM6/15/21
to yuiop0...@gmail.com, dro...@googlegroups.com

Hi Christian,

Glad you liked the article. To be honest, before the writer submitted the article, I knew about their music but not about their radical political connections.

We'll have a part 2 of the article with more details about the music in our next issue.

Cheers,
Jason

Jun 15, 2021, 12:19:25 PM6/15/21
to jgr...@pipeline.com, yuiop0...@gmail.com, dro...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, these guys are infamous in Japan, and are the roots of a number of more recent dark-psych bands like LSD-March and Up-Tight. I've met a couple of the members over the years, and I played a show with the ex-bass player in Himeji once. It was really Mizutani's band, though, as the article notes, and he's nowhere to be found.

The spread of the music has made it really difficult to stay on top of exactly what's what -- there's a ton of overlap between different releases from different labels, and the quality level varies drastically. Even the same "album" may sound good on one version and bad on another, because they're all bootlegs and most are coming from second- or later-generation copies. As the article says, none of the releases are "official" and most are murky live recordings. There's fantastic stuff out there though, and they were an amazing band.

Christian Mumford

Jun 15, 2021, 12:32:50 PM6/15/21
to Mason Jones, DroneOn, abra cadabra, jgr...@pipeline.com
Well where is mr.duul when you need him. Going nuts in alt.alt.alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk ?

Christian Mumford

Jun 15, 2021, 1:00:01 PM6/15/21
to DroneOn
Well SST and PMRC

tir. 15. jun. 2021, 18:44 skrev Christian Mumford <yuiop0...@gmail.com>:
Lovely. People were rioting against record stores and labels... Burger records, death in June, whatever... Ray pissed... Well uh ok, killing joke and Alan Moore... Raven youth and the Orb... Prison money jailbreak '74! AssS.A.L.Ty three dog night! Cydonia is alt short.fat.buddhaguy. whatever. Masturbating Coopers miss gangbang the doggie.