Microstructure Generation

tariq ali

May 24, 2022, 5:31:14 AM5/24/22
to dream3d-users
Hi Everyone
I am new to dream3d and I want to export .stl file to dream3d and generate microstructure. so at this moment I dont know how to generate pipline for that. Can anyone help me regarding this? I will be thankful.

Michael Jackson

May 25, 2022, 11:53:56 AM5/25/22
to tariq ali, dream3d-users

Tariq,

  There is an example pipeline that is distributed with DREAM.3D in the Prebuilt Pipelines->Examples->ASTMD638_specimen that shows one way of importing an STL file and using that as a mask when generating a synthetic microstructure. Getting the scaling correct is the hardest part.

--

Mike Jackson