request for dream3d installation

tariq ali

May 10, 2022, 6:19:31 AM5/10/22
to dream3d-users
Hi,
I am new user to dream3d software. I want to install it on linux ubuntu the latest version. Although i have downloaded dream3d and the source code, but due to lack of installation information ,I am unabale to install it on linux ubuntu. can anyone help me regarding this problem? i will be very thankful

Michael Jackson

May 10, 2022, 9:23:18 AM5/10/22
to tariq ali, dream3d-users

http://dream3d.bluequartz.net. Download the tar.gz for Ubuntu. Unpack and run. It is a standalone package.

--

Mike Jackson

On 5/10/22, 6:19 AM, "tariq ali" <dream3...@googlegroups.com on behalf of tariquet...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

I am new user to dream3d software. I want to install it on linux ubuntu the latest version. Although i have downloaded dream3d and the source code, but due to lack of installation information ,I am unabale to install it on linux ubuntu. can anyone help me regarding this problem? i will be very thankful

Michael Jackson

May 12, 2022, 12:44:09 PM5/12/22
to tariq ali, dream3d-users

Use the following commands to install in ubuntu, conda should be in the ubuntu.

#Create conda environment

conda create -n dream3d python=3.8

#activate dream3d using conda
conda activate dream3d

#install dream3d using conda
conda install -c http://dream3d.bluequartz.net/binaries/conda dream3d-conda

#open dream3d from terminal (If an error comes, try after "conda activate dream3d")

DREAM3D

--

Mike Jackson