3D Mesh pipeline

ali alaoui

Apr 25, 2022, 2:56:47 AM4/25/22
to dream3d-users
Hi,
I'm using DREAM3D to create and mesh microstructures. However, using the filter export3dSolidMesh and gmsh library I only get a surfacique mesh (there is no tetrahedron on the synthetic mesh) and my objective is to get a 3D volumic mesh.
Could you help me to resolve this issue ?

Thank you very much,

Ali

Michael Jackson

Apr 25, 2022, 4:13:15 PM4/25/22
to ali alaoui, dream3d-users

We were not the original authors of that filter so I am not well positioned to figure out what is wrong with the filter. Are you specifically looking for a tetrahedral mesh?

Mike Jackson

ali alaoui

Apr 26, 2022, 6:00:39 AM4/26/22
to dream3d-users
Hi,
Yes I want a terahedral mesh (or even a cubic one) but in 3D. I could not find out the right pipeline to use to get a 3D mesh.
Thanks

Michael Jackson

Apr 26, 2022, 12:25:07 PM4/26/22
to ali alaoui, dream3d-users

If your final target is Abaqus you could use the Abaqus Hexahedron Writer filter.

--

Mike Jackson

Saurabh Puri

Apr 27, 2022, 2:17:04 AM4/27/22
to Michael Jackson, ali alaoui, dream3d-users
Could you please share the pipeline you are using for the Export 3d Solid Mesh filter?

Thanks,
Saurabh

ali alaoui

Apr 27, 2022, 3:30:13 AM4/27/22
to dream3d-users
Unfortunately no. I want to use it in an other application.
You will find attached the pipeline used.
Thanks again,
pipeline.json