Redis for dynamic plugins.

hpa...@gmail.com

Dec 6, 2017, 8:38:10 AM12/6/17
to dotCMS User Group
Hello,

I am trying to find out if redis implementation can be done for dynamic plugins in dotcms? I came across implementation for static plugin but not for dynamic.

More information on this is appreciated.

Thank you!!

Maarten Daalder

Dec 6, 2017, 8:44:22 AM12/6/17
to dotCMS User Group
I'm sure you can write a dynamic plugin that uses Redis, but I sincerely doubt you could (easily) replace the entire caching layer via a dynamic plugin.

hpa...@gmail.com

Dec 6, 2017, 8:59:13 AM12/6/17
to dotCMS User Group
Is there like a sample dynamic plugin i can reference to?( or any documentation would be very helpful. This is my 1st time working with Redis.)

Maarten Daalder

Dec 6, 2017, 10:01:03 AM12/6/17
to dotCMS User Group
I don't have a sample Redis plugin. But you can start with either the servlet example of the jax-rs example and build from there using the client documentation:

Jason Tesser

Dec 6, 2017, 10:55:39 AM12/6/17
to dot...@googlegroups.com
The current issue with doing this in OSGi is the config for the cache provider chain. ie... cache.CACHE-REGION-NAME.chain=CACHE-PROVIDER-CLASS-1,CACHE-PROVIDER-CLASS-2, ..

Read here for more

We have yet implemented the method to add a cache provider at runtime

--
http://dotcms.com - Open Source Java Content Management

hpa...@gmail.com

Dec 7, 2017, 10:42:05 AM12/7/17