[2.5.x] Quartz jobs randomly stop running.

Nathan Keiter

Jan 31, 2015, 4:26:37 PM1/31/15
to dot...@googlegroups.com
I have two OSGI plugins which schedule quarts jobs in production environments.  They each schedule a job that runs once daily (at different times.)  The jobs will run on schedule for weeks or months at a time, then suddenly stop running with no error.  If I look in the "Job Scheduler" admin page under the "System Jobs" tab I see the next run date is in the past.  There is no consistency with this and it only happens one job at a time, (not globally to both jobs on the same server.)  It's just quite random which one will stop running and when.

Currently the remedy is to stop/start the OSGI bundle to reschedule the jobs.  This works but is not ideal.  Does anyone have any idea why this would happen?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Job 1 runs 0 30 3 1/1 * ? *

Job 2 runs 0 35 3 1/1 * ? *

Thanks,

Nathan

shakun.a...@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2017, 2:29:40 PM8/22/17
to dotCMS User Group

Same problem with me?Does any one know solution or have some idea how to find root cause of it.

Nathan Keiter

Aug 22, 2017, 2:38:15 PM8/22/17
to dot...@googlegroups.com

dotCMS Quartz jobs are highly unreliable. We gave up on using them long ago.

Use cronjobs or windows scheduler instead.

Have a shell script on the server hit a servlet to trigger your process.

You can IP restrict the servlet to avoid having unauthorized executions.

Nathan I. Keiter | Lead Network Applications Programmer | Benefits Advisory Council Member | I.D.E.A Council Member
Gettysburg College | Information Technology | DataSystems
Campus Box 2453 | 300 North Washington Street | Gettysburg, PA 17325
Phone: 717.337.6993

https://www.gettysburg.edu

--
http://dotcms.com - Open Source Java Content Management