Language variables disappearing

Andrew Cheung

Oct 11, 2017, 3:55:32 PM10/11/17
to dotCMS User Group
Hi. Our web manager reported that the language variables that he added has disappeared. We have reindexed the whole site but the language variables are still gone from admin console (couldn't find them in the <assets folder>/messages/cms_language_en.properties either.

Is there a way to trace the addition/modification/deletion of language variables? We're using version 3.3.1.

Thanks in advance for answering.

 -Andrew

Xander Steinmann

Oct 16, 2017, 4:47:21 AM10/16/17
to dotCMS User Group
Hi Andrew,

All Language Variables are stored in a file in disk, so possibly something happened to that file (it was misplaced after an upgrade or overwritten by a plugin). There is no history of it and there are no versions.
You could consider using our "Language Variables plugin" which stores language variables as content. Then you won't have this problem in the future.

Kind regards,

Xander

Will Ezell

Oct 16, 2017, 9:31:23 AM10/16/17
to dot...@googlegroups.com
The upcoming version of dotCMS (4.2.0) includes language variables as content by default - much like Isaac's plugin.  It will make the managing of these variables much easier.

--
http://dotcms.com - Open Source Java Content Management

3059 Grand Avenue
Suite 410-B