Doubt of feature cloud version and on prime version

mlo...@cdt.com.ar

Aug 22, 2017, 4:46:17 PM8/22/17
to dotCMS User Group
What is the reason the cloud version can only be installed on the Tomcat application server?
Same question for database server. Cloud version can only be installed in MySQL and PostgreSQL
Doubt of characteristics
What is the difference at the support level between the cloud version and the version on prime?

Nathan Keiter

Aug 22, 2017, 4:59:40 PM8/22/17
to dot...@googlegroups.com

Prime is a license level.  It lets us run Oracle DB etc.

Cloud is a hosting service.  I assume you are limited to the technologies the dotCMS support team is comfortable supporting.  If you host on their servers, they want to be able to support it.

So if you don’t like the limitation, don’t go with cloud?

Nathan I. Keiter | Lead Network Applications Programmer | Benefits Advisory Council Member | I.D.E.A Council Member
Gettysburg College | Information Technology | DataSystems
Campus Box 2453 | 300 North Washington Street | Gettysburg, PA 17325
Phone: 717.337.6993

https://www.gettysburg.edu

--
http://dotcms.com - Open Source Java Content Management

Nathan Keiter

Will Ezell

Aug 22, 2017, 5:19:55 PM8/22/17
to dot...@googlegroups.com
Cloud Version of dotCMS is 100% managed by the dotCMS team and only the dotCMS UI is accessible for cloud customer to manage their content and sites.  It is intended as a solution for organizations that do not want to spend time and resources managing a dotCMS server environment or that do not have the in house expertise to do so.

Hope that helps,

Will

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dotcms/814521c9-39da-4e17-923d-63455f10fbfc%40googlegroups.com.

http://dotcms.com - Open Source Java Content Management