SAML Plugin for dotCMS 4.x

Akshay Jain

Oct 24, 2017, 8:30:40 AM10/24/17
to dotCMS User Group
Hi,

We are upgrading dotCMS from 3.6.2  to 4.1 . We had  been using the SAML plugin from https://github.com/dotCMS/plugin-dotcms-saml . But this plugin does not work on 4.1 . I digged into the code and found that dotCMS is not able to set layout id . There are also some velocity variables which are not able to set.

I found that this version of SAML plugin is depricated and we need to use OpensSAML plugin from https://github.com/dotCMS/plugin-dotcms-openSAML3. But this plugin is not even compiling. Also I did not find any code which is updated as per dotCMS 4 .

Is there any version of SMAL plugin which has been tried and tested on dotcms 4.

Thanks
Akshay Jain

Gabriela Gonzalez

Oct 24, 2017, 11:54:07 AM10/24/17
to dot...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jain,

plugin-dotcms-saml has been deprecated for a while, and plugin-dotcms-openSAML3 is indeed the one you need to use.

We are currently working on a 4.x compatible version of this plugin. If you are going to upgrade to dotCMS 4.1.0, you can download the code you need from this branch: https://github.com/dotCMS/plugin-dotcms-openSAML3/tree/release-4.1.x . However, since dotCMS 4.2.0 has already been released, we would recommend you to upgrade to that version and use the following code instead: https://github.com/dotCMS/plugin-dotcms-openSAML3/tree/release-4.2.x .

Best regards,

Gabby

--
http://dotcms.com - Open Source Java Content Management