Error-code 405 missing in web.xml

isaac.danny...@gmail.com

Sep 12, 2017, 6:51:20 AM9/12/17
to dotCMS User Group
Hi,

We saw in the web.xml that the error code 405 is missing, this can be a problem because the response contains the Tomcat version now. Security-wise it would be better to return a customer error page, like dotCMS is doing for the 401, 403, 404,  500 and 503. There are two ways to resolve this:

1. Remove all error-page entries in the web.xml and replace this with the general error page:

    <error-page>
        <location>/html/error/custom-error-page.jsp</location>
    </error-page>

2. If dotCMS would not like to use the general error page they could add the 405:

    <error-page>
       <error-code>405</error-code>
       <location>/html/error/custom-error-page.jsp</location>
    </error-page>

Is there a reason that the 405 is missing in the web.xml?

Chris Falzone

Sep 12, 2017, 10:18:31 AM9/12/17
to dotCMS User Group
Looks like it was just missed.  Please enter an issue into github for it and I am sure they'll address it as they can.

--
http://dotcms.com - Open Source Java Content Management