No "Receive From" option in the Publishing Environments

Joel Wenerstrom

Sep 2, 2021, 5:50:43 PM9/2/21
to dotCMS User Group
I'm using version 21.06.1. In the admin console, under System -> Configuration -> Publishing Environments I only see the "Send To" option. In the docs and the how to video on Youtube it seems like the receiving server should also have a "Receive From" section but it isn't showing (see screenshot below).

Is there something that I may be missing? Has its location moved since the documentation has been posted (the UI for 21.06 is fairly different than the what is in the Youtube video)?

Screen Shot 2021-09-02 at 3.32.57 PM.png

Thanks for your help!

Falzone, Chris

Sep 3, 2021, 10:51:54 AM9/3/21
to dot...@googlegroups.com
It uses API Tokens now, so there is no need to configure the from servers anymore.  I ran into this with my upgrade as well ...
https://dotcms.com/docs/latest/push-publishing-endpoints#Authentication.
(the "strongly recommended" wording should now say "required")

In 20.11.1 the request token button isn't there so I had to generate the token myself from the system user ...
https://dotcms.com/docs/latest/authentication-using-jwt#APIAccessKeys

Hope that points you in the right direction!

--
http://dotcms.com - Open Source Java Content Management

Christopher Falzone

DevOps Engineer