Github Integration

Rafay Mudassar

Dec 21, 2022, 1:49:52 PM12/21/22
to dotCMS User Group
Hi,
Is there a way GitHub or any git services can be integrated with dotCMS?
I am asking because I would like to batch upload (import) some CSS files using git.

Any help is appreciated!

Best,
Rafay

jonathan...@dotcms.com

Dec 26, 2022, 12:38:38 PM12/26/22
to dotCMS User Group
Hi,

DotCMS is currently working on a cli-client that can take a structure of files/dir in your local and push to a dotCMS instance, so you can clone from github and reproduce the site.

There is a previous version on bash, but it is limited to asset, host and types I think so

Best,

ARCHIT GABA

Dec 26, 2022, 12:42:41 PM12/26/22
to dot...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jonathan,

Do you have any guide for integration of dotCMS with open source Keycloak SAML client. I have been struggling for almost 2 weeks as very little information is available online and the documentation is also very vague.

Thanks,
Archit Gaba

--
http://dotcms.com - Open Source Java Content Management

jonathan...@dotcms.com

Dec 26, 2022, 1:02:41 PM12/26/22
to dotCMS User Group
Hi,

We have done integrations with Azure, Okta, ADFS and many others, but not yet with Keycloak, however SAML is a Language Markup for Authentication and follows such as standard protocol, so it should be pretty much the same of others;
Set up the metadata from the keycloak to dotCMS (viceversa), set the public/private key, so on.

Note: SAML is an enterprise feature, dotCMS offers packages for SSO support as well in case you need help with SAML

Best regards,

ARCHIT GABA

Jan 4, 2023, 7:54:25 PM1/4/23
to dot...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I was able to make it work with Keycloak. The user is getting created with SAML USER Role by default and Intranet user role is being added by the SAML configuration.

Now the problem which I am facing is that when the redirection happens post authentication, it’s not able to redirect to the intranet page. I have noticed that the user type whether it’s a frontend user or backend user is playing a role here.

Could you please tell me how to set the user type while creating a user using SAML

Thanks & Regards,
Archit Gaba

Will Ezell

Jan 5, 2023, 9:45:01 AM1/5/23
to dot...@googlegroups.com
I believe you need to add the include.path.values * to your config.  This is from a working configuration:

Screen Shot 2023-01-05 at 9.43.33 AM.png

--

382 NE 191st St #92150
Miami, Florida 33179-3899

ARCHIT GABA

Jan 5, 2023, 9:48:38 AM1/5/23
to dot...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jonathan,

I guessed that last night and was able to make it work. Also, could you please tell is it necessary to add the backend user role as well because it’s not working without it.

Thanks,
Archit Gaba