demo.dotcms.com -> New Container not giving all options

aDNers

Dec 12, 2017, 11:22:25 AM12/12/17
to dotCMS User Group
Hi,

If I look at the large column on the demo site I am able to see the "pre/post loop"-area aswell as able to add Content Type/Code to the body. However if I try to create a new Container I don't see these options. I have the same experience on my local dotcms installation.

Shouldn't I be able to create new Containers in the same way as the pre-built once?

BR
Anders

Will Ezell

Dec 12, 2017, 11:30:49 AM12/12/17
to dot...@googlegroups.com
This is dumb - we know - but change the number of contentlets that the container will accept - you should see the pre and post loops then.

--
http://dotcms.com - Open Source Java Content Management

3059 Grand Avenue
Suite 410-B
Miami FL 33133
Main:
305-900-2001 | Direct: 978.294.9429

John Michael Thomas

Dec 12, 2017, 12:31:46 PM12/12/17
to dotCMS User Group
So to be more clear about why it does this, if you create a container that allows 0 contents (meaning you can't actually add content to the container), that's called a zero content container, which is intended for containers which have fixed code (and therefore no way to add content types, and no need for pre-loop and post-loop code, since there's no content to display).

By increasing the number of contents allowed, you change it from a zero content container to a normal container, and all the other options appear.

It would be ideal if the default number of contents was greater than zero, so the options would all show without you having to change that value, but that's just not what the current default is.

aDNers

Dec 12, 2017, 4:29:52 PM12/12/17
to dotCMS User Group
Thanks for the clarifications, it actually makes sense ☺️
BR
Anders