Page Form CAPTCHA validation Not Working

Henry Versemann

Dec 7, 2017, 4:11:17 PM12/7/17
to dot...@googlegroups.com

We have a request information page with a form on it.

The form itself has input fields for a lot of standard contact information like full name, email, street, city, state, zip, a programs dropdown, and finally a text area field.

The form also apparently includes a CAPTCHA image which is not being formatted at all when the page loads.

So right now this form never lets any submission of data go through because the validation image is never properly generated.

When I actually click on the submit button, then I get this response:

Captcha is required to submit this form ( FORCE_CAPTCHA=true ).
To change this, edit the dotmarketing-config.properties and set FORCE_CAPTCHA=false

I didn’t originally create this page or form, and our web master who did has since moved on to another job.

He’s told me that it did work at one time, but that he has no idea, how long it might not have been working.

So my question is how do I most easily remove from the form submission process all of the CAPTCHA functionality?

I don’t know how or if I can even get to the dotmarketing-config.properties for our systems, so not sure if that’s even a possibility right now for me to try, or if that would even work to prevent CAPTCHA from interfering with the form’s submission.

At this point we’re just trying to get the form to submit cleanly without CAPTCHA being involved at all, so we don’t lose valuable contact information, from people interested in our institution.

Would appreciate any help offered.

Thanks.

Henry

Nathan Keiter

Dec 7, 2017, 4:23:40 PM12/7/17
to dot...@googlegroups.com

I could be wrong, but I believe your only option is to correct the configuration value.

As it’s currently set I think it would force ALL forms to use captcha.

Updating the config file would be a simple text edit and a plugin redeploy. I’m sure you could do it. What version? 3.7.1?

Nathan I. Keiter | Lead Network Applications Programmer | Benefits Advisory Council Member | I.D.E.A Council Member
Gettysburg College | Information Technology | DataSystems
Campus Box 2453 | 300 North Washington Street | Gettysburg, PA 17325
Phone: 717.337.6993

https://www.gettysburg.edu

--
http://dotcms.com - Open Source Java Content Management

Henry Versemann

Dec 7, 2017, 4:28:42 PM12/7/17
to dot...@googlegroups.com

Yes  version 3.7.1.

Nathan Keiter

Dec 7, 2017, 4:30:53 PM12/7/17
to dot...@googlegroups.com

Henry Versemann

Dec 7, 2017, 4:34:19 PM12/7/17
to dot...@googlegroups.com

I’d have to ask our former web master about that, as I was not around when he built of this without me.

Nathan Keiter

Dec 7, 2017, 4:36:59 PM12/7/17
to dot...@googlegroups.com

Do you have hard-drive/remote desktop/SSH access to the server?

Henry Versemann

Dec 7, 2017, 4:41:29 PM12/7/17
to dot...@googlegroups.com

Probably not.

Both our staging and production systems are in the cloud and managed by dotCMS support staff people.

Henry

Nathan Keiter

Dec 7, 2017, 4:43:17 PM12/7/17
to dot...@googlegroups.com

Then you’ll need to open a support ticket.

Henry Versemann

Dec 7, 2017, 4:48:00 PM12/7/17
to dot...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for the information.