[3.5.1/4.1.1] Purge Physical Assets

Nathan Keiter

Nov 21, 2017, 10:22:55 AM11/21/17
to dot...@googlegroups.com

Is there a way to purge physical assets no longer in use by the system?

Currently we have more than 38GB of assets and the number keeps growing. I’m sure some of those had been deleted in the UI and are no longer in use. How do we clean that up?

At what point in the content life-cycle are the physical assets deleted? Should a UI delete operation also delete it from the physical assets?

Nathan I. Keiter | Lead Network Applications Programmer | Benefits Advisory Council Member | I.D.E.A Council Member
Gettysburg College | Information Technology | DataSystems
Campus Box 2453 | 300 North Washington Street | Gettysburg, PA 17325
Phone: 717.337.6993

https://www.gettysburg.edu

Will Ezell

Nov 21, 2017, 10:32:37 AM11/21/17
to dot...@googlegroups.com
Delete old asset versions does this for you.  Also, you can delete anything under the assets/bundle directory older than a day.

--
http://dotcms.com - Open Source Java Content Management

3059 Grand Avenue
Suite 410-B