dotCMS Site Search result shows wrong title

Nafi Haque

Nov 13, 2017, 10:39:59 PM11/13/17
to dotCMS User Group
I am seeing an issue with the Site Search results on our Dev environment.

What the search result is doing, it is pulling the above <title> tag and giving the title of the document to be "Instagram icon".

Following is the snippet of code:

#set($searchresults = $sitesearch.search("title:$keyword description:$keyword", 0, 20))
#if($searchresults.totalResults > 0) #foreach($result in $searchresults.results)
  #foreach($result in $searchresults.results)
    <h1>$result.title</h1>
  #end
#end

Note that on my local environment after deleting index and re-creating I am able to get the right title which is the <title> tag inside <head>. Any idea why site search behaving differently or how I can manage/control the title of the document?

Jason Tesser

Nov 14, 2017, 9:30:12 AM11/14/17
to dot...@googlegroups.com
The site search should read the title in the head assuming it exists.  Maybe it is malformed HTML.

I would start from a clean site search index just to make sure

--
http://dotcms.com - Open Source Java Content Management

3059 Grand Avenue
Suite 410-B